Switch Joy-con mount/R-wing model disconnecting constantly

I got the game awhile ago and way past a warranty period but i've been having problems that have only gotten the game to become unplayable on the physical toys.
    I connect one part at a time at the beginning to make sure its the best possible and fully get the ship and its wings functioning. When playing the main game however, almost any movement or even a fan can cause the ship to be unrecognized. Causing either sudden menu opening at any time with a major time requiring me to replace the ship part by part again to return to the firefight i was in the middle of.
    Im not sure if the ship/grip has the issue, nor if this is in anyway intended but it has caused the physical use of toys impossible. I cant check grip or the ship as i generally don't want to pay for another ship for it to be unplayable some more. Is there any good ideas/solutions outside of the ship/grip being broken and unusable?

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there TheLoneWolfSolo! Have you tried these Switch steps already? Let me know if they helped!

Yes, i have performed those actions a few times in the same session and in new sessions. Including full switch shut down.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    In that case, I'd recommend applying for a replacement mount.

Im not sure what you mean by applying for a replacement mount. Seems more to be that i need to request a refund. Is that true?
    I'd prefer to be able to even just replace the mount itself instead of finding a way to refund the product for a new one,especially due to the game being registered to my switch and with the packaging thrown away. I kind of doubt i can get a refund for a product with no proof or box.

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there TheLoneWolfSolo - please accept my apologies that your reply to this thread was missed, and was not acknowledged until now.

I appreciate that this thread is quite old, and you may no longer be playing the game, but I did want to reply just in case I could be of assistance still to clarify the advice provided by my colleague UbiMorning. Previously, we were able to look into replacements for particular Starlink items, and would also redirect players to their retailer for the game if any damage / faults occurred to try and resolve the issue at hand.

I cannot see any support cases on your account to know if you contacted us in this regard, but if you did, I hope that you were able to acquire a replacement mount if one was needed and continue to enjoy the game. Or, if you found a solution that worked for you, but was not included in the troubleshooting we provided, it would be great to hear what it was and see it shared here on the forums in case it could help any other players experiencing something similar.

I am curious as well just with regard to the issue - did you notice the mount seeming "loose" when connected to your controller, or else that the toys were loose on the mount itself? Did you also try gently cleaning each of the toys in case there was any interference from dust or dirt?

Thank you.