While searchin on SimHQ forum, I've run onto this nice video about two famous BoB airplanes dogfighting..

Follow link:
    http://www.showscan.com/film_clips/A...20Dogfight.wmv

While searchin on SimHQ forum, I've run onto this nice video about two famous BoB airplanes dogfighting..

Follow link:
    http://www.showscan.com/film_clips/A...20Dogfight.wmv

MichaelMar's Avatar Banned
    Tell me..that is NOT an actual in game made movie??? If so, that is incredible!

Is BoB still being released early May? How does it compare to IL2's FMs, damage modeling, graphics...???

Also, since this is BoB are there any Italians planes in the air? Or, is it like so many other WWII games produced that want players to believe the Italians never fought in WWII?

thx

To my knowledge, it is not from future Oleg's game BoB . I don't know the origin of the video.

About game BoB, there are some rumours that the game will actually be released by end of this year; how realistic is that that remains to be seen.

For sure there must be Italian planes in BoB, they are participated in noticeable number there.(fighter and bomber squadrons). Should be in game BoB as well.

I'm pretty sure those 109s are Spanish Buchon types. I may be wrong, but I think that footage is edited together from the mini-series Piece of Cake. I havent seen it for years but I remember seeing shots like that in the show.

Very nice either way. Thanks for posting!

Badsight.'s Avatar Senior Member
    its RL footage , made for TV

& lots of what the presenter says is not true

Thats one of the films they use in a full motion 'simulator' at air shows. I saw that exact film with my son a few weeks ago at Duxford. It would have been better in a single cockpit mockup rather than with 8 other people sitting 3 abreast.

It was still good fun though.

WB.

Grue_'s Avatar Senior Member
    I was in the same simulator a couple of weeks ago. The 'propwash' shook all the change out my pockets

I think it's computer generated animation just like the AMAZING movie clips on this site.

http://www.angel.ne.jp/~tochy/

Look at the film 1945 and then the others. Can you tell which if any are real life footage?
    I Think they are all CG, but you wouldn't know.
    This is the shape of things to come and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Maddox BoB comes close to this!
    I for one CAN wait if it can get this good!!
    (Watch the clip all the way through, it gets better re: flight model)

Abbuzze's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe it is just the simpliest solution.

They got a part from the old BOB Movie...

They used the same planes. Why should someone do so much work to get a movie with wrong planes???

If they would made an animation, why not take an Emil and a SpitI? And noone of the planes crashes... do you see any parts flying away after "hits"? I donâ´t see any tracers too!

Maybe the cheapest way to get a realitic movie!