🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    RushLoongHammer's Avatar Senior Member
    They could have added an emote cache like the collections cache
    or since Div2 is close, just unlock the emotes for everyone for free.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by RushLoongHammer Go to original post
    They could have added an emote cache like the collections cache
    or since Div2 is close, just unlock the emotes for everyone for free.
    I would assume they make money from emotes.

I got all the collections fairly quickly yet I rarely get an emote so I assume the percentage chance of receiving an emote has always been lower as they are more coveted.

I'm not sure why I care as I very rarely even use any emote but they were something to collect and as I already have all classifieds and exotics when they make the emotes purchase only I'll have nothing left to collect.
     1 people found this helpful

At least if the emotes are only purchasable with real money in Div2, I hope they come with more functionality than just an animation.

I suggested this a while back, the selfie emote that can take screenshots, siting emote allows you to sit on any chair or just on the ground, a camera mode activate by a camera drone emote, a pet an animal emote that adapts to the animal being pet, ect.

Overall, in Div1 it sucks that the only to emotes now is to buy them with real money even though before this point they could be earned free ingame, and for Div2, it'd be kool if emotes weren't just an static animation like in every other game out there; need to evolve them.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by RushLoongHammer Go to original post
    I suggested this a while back, the selfie emote that can take screenshots, siting emote allows you to sit on any chair or just on the ground, a camera mode activate by a camera drone emote, a pet an animal emote that adapts to the animal being pet, ect.
    Those are really neat. I don't usually see people expressing interest in emotes that have unique secondary effects... How do you think this would improve your time within The Division?

Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    Those are really neat. I don't usually see people expressing interest in emotes that have unique secondary effects... How do you think this would improve your time within The Division?
    Games like the Division don't need emotes for any gameplay and very very little for social function, so they're mostly redundant.
    They're more like a collectible, like a jacket, to me anyways.
    Emotes should evolve to stay appealing

Bambihunter1971's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd say generally speaking, emotes are used more as taunts than anything else, though I do like/use some like the tick-toc one where the person checks then taps his watch. So many times people are just standing around and I'm like let's go!!!

Rroff's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    A game called City of Heroes did this back in the day - there was an emote that would put your character into a sitting position for instance which matched up with many of the objects that were the right height to sit on in the game.

There are a few emotes on The Division that have secondary effects but they seem quite rare and I'm not sure how people acquired them.

lmaxmai's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Johan Go to original post
    They will periodically be available through direct purchase at the Premium Vendor.
    This is unbelievable, simply unbelievable. Taking away the ability to receive these emotes by playing the game. It takes quite some arrogance to treat players this way. Not only those who have been around for years, new ones as well. Abandon that unnecessary movie adaptation which will never live up to the atmosphere and the spirit of the game, perhaps then you would not have to take everyone to the cleaners. This is not meant in a funny way! I would be swearing now but I am not going to provide any reasons for anything. I will just say this, your actions prove that you do not deserve to hold or own this game and everything about it.
     4 people found this helpful

could you at least make / add a different cache for skins and emotes?
    i notice there are a lot of new players like me, trying out the division 1 before buying the division 2.
    also a lot are asking about the cache (where to get this skin? this emote? i saw this on youtube / guides etc.)
    and didn't know about the cache change.

The only way to make they change on this with either unlocking the emotes for free or unlock it with keys directly or introduce a emote lootbox is to make a big wave about it like it was for the running in place bugs. i wonder if a petition or reddit post can get enough support.