Arcade mode is, without a doubt, the most unfun experience I have ever had.

I am honestly unsure on how to write this without sounding whiny, but what the hell is wrong with the bots in this? Is it just assassins being completely useless or what? They parry every single attack, even 400ms attacks. Show me one player that will parry 9/10 lights and I will accept it lying down.

I should not have to cheese to beat this crap because the AI knows what I am going to do before the attack even starts. Do not even get me started on Nuxia’s kit because she is useless against bots because they do not fall for her traps, which makes it stamina waste. However, even if you whiff the trap into a light, they parry that light! Like, what the hell.

Do I honestly have to just ledge and environment them? Here I was hoping skill would actually play some kind of factor.

The worst thing is that they have parry attacks, which hit for 25% of your health per hit, meaning you get 4 parried attacks and you’re dead.

So done with this mode lmao. It's not worth the headache.
     1 people found this helpful

Yeah it's pretty lame. It seems like it might be good for leveling without having to play against human opponents but not something I would do for fun. Thankfully I got Marching Fire while it was on sale so the loss for me was minimized.

It's entirely random whether it's easy, difficult, or nigh impossible quest mission to complete. It's like there is no system in place whatsoever to give balanced modifiers between the player and the bots, even when the bots outnumber the player. I've had quest steps where I was up against 3 bots, they all had the respawn modifier, one had knockdown on heavy and then all I get to counteract these odds is extra chip damage on blocked attacks... In that case the only thing you can do is cheese it but big problem, it was a map with no hazards or ledges.

You might get a decent quest step once in a blue moon but otherwise you either cheese it or you defend until you get revenge and then hope you get lucky with guard breaks and baiting parry attempts after popping revenge.

It's a running theme with For Honor: Good concept, failed implementation.
     1 people found this helpful

Cheese is the only way to win...Ive earned the effect. no way I am touching arcade until another new effect etc comes out.

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Thank god i didn’t waste $50AUD on this is all I gotta say. Don’t think I’ve seen one positive thread about the arcade mode.

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    A couple weeks ago on the Warrior's Den, they stated they were changing the bots defense, so they no longer are defensive monsters. I do agree though, the only thing that works are moves like HL kick/toss mixup.

Imagine my horror when I landed in a map... Wait for it... WHERE THERE WASN'T A LEDGE

So I manage it and the effect didn't even drop RIP what a waste of time.

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    The devs believe that too many players are losing in Arcade Mode and are looking at the difficulty of level 3 bots. Sorry it's been frustrating for you!

Need to be more concerned with fun not just winning and losing. The mode isn't fun. Arcade should be fun

EvoX.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Try doing it with PK, which I firmly believe is the most difficult hero to complete Arcade with. Her damage is the lowest from the whole roster, she gets further damage reduction because of the genius Legendary Quest penalty, and the result is doing like 30 damage on a full OOS punish. It's damn near impossible to manage certain modifiers like HP Regen 3.

To think this mode is actually more expensive than a lot of full games out there...