Settlers 3 Scrolling is Meh...

Loving the History edition of Settlers 3, just one complaint though. In the original you could hold down the right mouse button to move around the map but you've taken that away and replaced it with edge scrolling. Now, I've had to get used to it but it's not as efficient as the old way.

Is there any chance this could be added back to the game now that the game has been ported to windows 10? Other than that, I'm loving this!

Thank you!

- Twaha

Hi,

Just go to the game page, click Play -> TSHE3 - Configuration and you should have it there
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Massacrul Go to original post
    Hi,

Just go to the game page, click Play -> TSHE3 - Configuration and you should have it there
    OMG thank you so much! I completely disregarded that xD

Hi,

while it is possible to scroll this way, I have to notify that the mouse won't stay centered, which is very irritating. Especially due to the fact that this does not happen when playing the original version on a current os.
    Does somebody else have the same bug? Is there maybe even a workaround? Can it have to do something with multiple active monitors?

Thank you in advance

Stefan

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Community Manager
    We just did a few more tweaks to the scrolling in today's patch with the option to choose between "old" and "new" scrolling via the config menu.
    Let us know if this is what you were looking for

Yes, switching to "old" scroling mode leads to the mouse staying in position on screen. This fixed the bug. Thank you!

As a side note the bug is fixed in settler III and IV with the last update but not in settler II.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post
    We just did a few more tweaks to the scrolling in today's patch with the option to choose between "old" and "new" scrolling via the config menu.
    Let us know if this is what you were looking for
    i've discovered a little bug with old-style scrolling: when activated, i can't cancel the placing of a building. sometimes it worked, wenn partially zoomed in. but always failed in highest resolution. I then noticed, that the mouse cursor is moving one or two pixel upwards and left during a right click. always. even, if you're holding the mouse in the air and clicking

when i turned on history edition instead of original in scrolling mode, right clicking worked as expected (i've got the original Setllers 3 discs, running in an old 32 bit XP VM without internet access. So I'm able to compare the behavior directly). Mouse cursor isn't moving anymore during a right click and cancelling the placiement of a building works correct.

cya v3g0