What Is The True Max Size For User Created Maps?

Its like pulling teeth trying to get an answer to this question.... Please, I dont want to hear the same size as past games....

Ive seen conflicting reports, including from Ubisoft themselves. Ive heard 512x512 meters, then I heard 500x500 feet. It shouldnt be this hard to find this information. Do a search on Google for Far Cry, Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5 map editor map size or max map size or anything... and you get a hundred websites and youtube videos that have every little bit of information except map size...

Ubi, what is the true answer? Im trying to plan out maps... but cant do so, because I have no idea how big of a space ai have to work with. Id like the size in square miles, if you can. That way we have a good estimation of realworld space we can work with.

Thank you in advance.

emrdesign's Avatar Member
    LOL Maybe you should get off your high horse and be patient for a few more days. Its the same size as the previous far cry games and if you have not played those thats your own mistake.

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    512m x 512m

The fine folks who went to Ubisoft and tested it (Akil, Fallen Champ, Lazy, Kemit, etc) have said in the main thread that it's the same size as previous Far Cry's. Not sure what's "conflicting"

Same size as past games, .1sq miles

Originally Posted by o TheBadboyLive Go to original post
    Its like pulling teeth trying to get an answer to this question.... Please, I dont want to hear the same size as past games....

Ive seen conflicting reports, including from Ubisoft themselves. Ive heard 512x512 meters, then I heard 500x500 feet. It shouldnt be this hard to find this information. Do a search on Google for Far Cry, Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5 map editor map size or max map size or anything... and you get a hundred websites and youtube videos that have every little bit of information except map size...

Ubi, what is the true answer? Im trying to plan out maps... but cant do so, because I have no idea how big of a space ai have to work with. Id like the size in square miles, if you can. That way we have a good estimation of realworld space we can work with.

Thank you in advance.
    I know he said feet in that video, but I'm 110% sure he meant meters and not feet. Feet would make it really really small

Originally Posted by Jaxru Go to original post
    I know he said feet in that video, but I'm 110% sure he meant meters and not feet. Feet would make it really really small
    Exactly. Thats what got me in panic mode. Thats only .0035 sq. miles. Which is why I asked..

Originally Posted by emrdesign Go to original post
    LOL Maybe you should get off your high horse and be patient for a few more days. Its the same size as the previous far cry games and if you have not played those thats your own mistake.
    Highhorse? get a grip, man. Ubisoft said the size of past maps in one video, then said 500ft.x500ft in another. Thats only.0035 sq. mi. as I said below. which would be tiny and not the size of games past.

Saw that. They should let you fly out of the boundary, but with a countdown warning. I'm super glad they put planes in, but this speaks to why they never did before.

Originally Posted by legacyzero Go to original post
    Saw that. They should let you fly out of the boundary, but with a countdown warning. I'm super glad they put planes in, but this speaks to why they never did before.
    Yea. Heres the thing. Im not sure why they limit map size. Obviously the game engine can handle the map in the story mode, so why not just allow gamers to use the entirety of that and play with a true, full size open world? Or at least make that the max map size and let gamers adjust according to the content they are creating. And, even in the current confines, why limit gamers to the square area, instead of letting them build the map out to the max size? Like, I could fit the whole of something like Hershey Park, its zoo, chocolate world and arena into .10 square miles. But, because I cant use just that space and instead have to conform to the square area of .10 miles, I cant build it to scale, I have to shrink it down to fit in the square. If that makes any sense to you.

Id also love if they allowed us to make complete stories, with either levels or an open world map. Complete with allowing us to do our own cutscenes, voiceover work and original music, if we were so inclined. Allow us to make our own complete game, within their game. It would make the game be popular and contnue on forever, or at least until Far Cry 6 releases. Can you imagine? Players could make their own Star Wars like games, their own Watchdogs, Far Crys, Call Of Duty, Open World Zombie games, etc... If Ubi keeps addng content and building content like stories, survival-like, capture the flag, PUBG, etc... the game could allow for endless content and game genres. A treasure trove of user-created content.

There are so many possibilities, though its all up to Ubi to give us the freedom to create them. They also need to allow for 12 vs.12 or more for multiplayer,or 32 or more players for PUBG like experiences. Not sure why its limited to 12 anyways, especially with the somewhat decent size maps in the .10 square mile(if thats truly what it is) radius. If someone uses the entirety(or near) of the space for a multiplayer map, it may leave a lot of downtime just trying to find one another. Which may lead to a lot of downvotes, especially if the map design is less than spectacular.

anyways, these are my hopes and dreams. Ive loved designing maps since the multiple Quake editors. Ive always wanted one that allowed us to easily create our own full single player open world game. We are almost there, Ubi its up to you to take it home and fulfill my lifelong dream.
     1 people found this helpful