🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Cult leaders - always were and always will be. People always were interested in religion. In something immortal and undying. In something that's more than body. But on this way........many traps! And possible postapocalypse ....it will be the end of christianity. New religions will arise! Worse or better no one knows. But people will be very dissapointed. Christian nations led to WW1 and WW2 (they were not muslims or buddhids) they were christians, children of christians. Christian nation led to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, crime against humanity. And now.....if there will be apocalypse.....it will be the end! New religions will arise. With new charismatic cult leaders. These groups will be ideologically and military very strong.

Originally Posted by Ergonpandilus Go to original post
    In Far Cry 3 it was showing a very positive picture of a pagan religion in Asian-Pacific island, then in Far Cry 4 it show very positive picture of hinduism/buddhism in Nepal, but now that the Far Cry 5 is set to America (known for Christianity), it shows a awfully mockery of Christianity as a cult. In a one picture you are showing "destroy cult outposts" with a picture of a Church, not to mention the mocking picture of the last supper.

Obviously, most gamers of such a mockery are pagan anyways, but this is feedback to developers: YOU SHOULD A SHAME OF YOURSELF.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." - Galatians 5:7

Jesus just told me to block you and free myself from your blasphemous ways. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah and Amen!

Originally Posted by RobertEmerald Go to original post
    Jesus just told me to block you and free myself from your blasphemous ways. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah and Amen!
    I did not. Don't believe him.

Actually, the same person who plays the Father (Joseph Seed) in Far Cry 5 also plays one of the twelve disciple of Jesus in the film The Gospel of John

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...from-Far-Cry-5

Plenty was said about how the game is not anti-Christian. The cult is so far out there that it ceased to be Christian (and sadly there are far too many of these... some of you might remember Waco, TX). A similar situation exists between terrorists and Islam, or between an extreme assassin sect (can't remember the name) and Induism. And there are certainly many more of such real world examples.

In other words, every religion can be manipulated and distorted so badly that it ceases to follow the principles of that religion and becomes an insane cult. Even politicians sometimes tend to walk a fine line when they bring their religion into their campaign, especially when their actions are completely against the principles taught by the religion they claim to represent.

But having said that... there is one spot I found in the game that I did find in poor taste: In a church I found a cross with a cardboard box over Jesus' head, and you had to shoot the box to expose a key. I would recommend changing that bit.

Ubi-Nacho's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi everyone.

Just a quick post to announce this thread will be locked.

We always like to encourage healthy discussion, and the thread has been read through with feedback taken on board. However, there is little more to be added to the discussion that has not already been started.

Thank you for the support. Please reach out to us if you are in need of anything here:

Ubisoft Support Website - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact
    Twitter Support - https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport
    Facebook Support - https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupportUK/