Assassins Creed: Unity.......disappointed

So after the amazing game that is Black Flag, the bar was set real high for this year's AC. Honestly I am disappointed.

AC4 had one of the best settings in any of the AC games and it was so vastly different from anything before it. That is what I loved about AC, the varying environments. But it is going to be hard for them to make this feel different from AC2, brotherhood and rev.

I was hoping for a medieval Britain , Russia, Germany, or industry revolution setting. But they have seem to have returned to something wwhich already looks and feels very reminiscent of the Ezio games.

I will keep watching this but so far I'm not too impressed.

Also if it is true that they are releasing two separate AC games this year then that SUCKS. Way to milk the franchise even more and gouge money from AC fans. Now I am going to have to buy and play two AC games. One a year has been enough thank you. I hope Comet is good.

rprkjj's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Paulno1990 Go to original post
    So after the amazing game that is Black Flag, the bar was set real high for this year's AC. Honestly I am disappointed.

AC4 had one of the best settings in any of the AC games and it was so vastly different from anything before it. That is what I loved about AC, the varying environments. But it is going to be hard for them to make this feel different from AC2, brotherhood and rev.

I was hoping for a medieval Britain , Russia, Germany, or industry revolution setting. But they have seem to have returned to something wwhich already looks and feels very reminiscent of the Ezio games.

I will keep watching this but so far I'm not too impressed.

Also if it is true that they are releasing two separate AC games this year then that SUCKS. Way to milk the franchise even more and gouge money from AC fans. Now I am going to have to buy and play two AC games. One a year has been enough thank you. I hope Comet is good.
    No one is making you buy the games. Vote with your wallet. Also, if you're worried that the setting will feel too much like Renaissance Italy, then look at the new trailer and see for yourself.

Skelface's Avatar Member
    So. You are concluding what the game will look like after a 30s teaser. Okay.

deskp's Avatar Senior Member
    you come off as fairly ignorant... maybe you should go back to the ezio games cause you seem to have forgotten how the settings really are.. If anything havana in ac4 was made to be somewhat similar to ezio games.

also maybe watch some documentaries and do some research on the french revolution.

also if your not impressed by now, thats fine, youre not suppsoed to. Ubisoft hasnt REALLY done their proper announcment/unveiling of it yet. we know nothing besides the setting really, maybe it has the ebst gameplayer ever... we dont know..

Lol is it weird that the things you have said makes me excited for this game?
    reminiscent of ac2? awesome!

oh and btw, don't judge it by a teaser please... it's honestly pathetic

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    I have to admit that every time someone says that all European countries look the same I feel like performing violent acts, I don't know if it's because of some sort of European "pride", or because we Europeans all secretly hate each other and the idea of being compared to other Euro country is instinctively unacceptable, or if it's because of the ignorance of it, or maybe a combination of everything.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post
    I have to admit that every time someone says that all European countries look the same I feel like performing violent acts, I don't know if it's because of some sort of European "pride", or because we Europeans all secretly hate each other and the idea of being compared to other Euro country is instinctively unacceptable, or if it's because of the ignorance of it, or maybe a combination of everything.
    I really agree with you, vecino :P

However I do understand that an East asian setting, is needed......

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, it's not similar IMO. It has some architectural similarities, but that's all.

1. Brotherhood => Rome - completely different.
    2. Revelations => Constantinople => much more exotic and less European
    3. Venice + Florence => Similarities, but COMPLETELY different time

France is it's own thing, especially with the history of the French Revolution.

Also: Do you see a pattern there (it is only intercepted once with Brotherhood, which was originally supposed to be part of AC2 as far as I know, which would explain that interception):

AC 1 => Arabic, rather exotic setting, lots of mystery and atmosphere, but with a little bit European as well (Acre for example)
    AC2 => Mediterranean, typical European architecture, mild climate
    ACB => Same as AC2
    ACR => Rather exotic location again, half European, half Asian
    AC3 => Mostly looking European, but more rural and frontier feeling. Not European setting, but mild climate as well (cold winters, rather warm summers
    AC4 => Tropical, mostly not-European (though Havanna and Kingston show the signs of European architecture and influences, exotic
    AC(5)Unity => European Classic again, but again different.

ALL I say here is that there is a rough pattern to create diversity in terms of locations. I know, they haven't shown totally Asian, African or Australian settings yet, but I think that is mainly because they wanted to be solid and established as a series before getting more experimental (AC3 and AC4 being their first "experiments").

But, one thing which is also to mention, in the end there ARE not so many DIFFERENT architectures and climates that do NOT feel similar to another setting of AC.
    Sure, they still have 1 or 2 locations which would be unique. But think about it, after that there is only same old, same old, because they actually used a lot of environments, climates, architectural styles and cultures already that might seem similar to future titles.

So in the end I think they'll try to keep it fresh by changing between more traditional (European), mild climate locations and more extreme, exotic (Asian, American,) locations.
    To keep it at least partially fresh every year.

What this basically means for you? If you like settings like the AC4, ACR and AC1 one, then you'll get your setting probably either next year or with Assassins Creed: Comet.

I don't know, I actually LIKE all European countries and cultures. What world am I living in? Are Europeans really so hostile? Here in Germany we really like Italy, France, England, Spain, etc. I don't know what the problem is where you come from. I don't hate other Europeans.... I though Europe grew together a little bit in the past years....

Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    I don't know, I actually LIKE all European countries and cultures. What world am I living in? Are Europeans really so hostile? Here in Germany we really like Italy, France, England, Spain, etc. I don't know what the problem is where you come from. I don't hate other Europeans.... I though Europe grew together a little bit in the past years....
    I think what he meant by the "secretly hate eachother" is more the friendly rivalry jokes and stereotypes and unwillingness to compare their country to others. Take for example the fact that Frenchmen have the stereotype of being stuck up, Germans of being up tight and strict, Spanish of being lazy, British of being posh, and so on. Of course none of these are true but created by other nations to make fun of the others, theres also the intese soccer(I guess you guys call it football) rivalries and such. Its not really a hatred Europe generally gets along these days its just a rivalry thing I think more or less.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bmark94 Go to original post
    I think what he meant by the "secretly hate eachother" is more the friendly rivalry jokes and stereotypes and unwillingness to compare their country to others. Take for example the fact that Frenchmen have the stereotype of being stuck up, Germans of being up tight and strict, Spanish of being lazy, British of being posh, and so on. Of course none of these are true but created by other nations to make fun of the others, theres also the intese soccer(I guess you guys call it football) rivalries and such. Its not really a hatred Europe generally gets along these days its just a rivalry thing I think more or less.
    Sure, but IMO that is more to make fun of each other. Everyone has a stereotype, in that regard we are all even. So IMO it's just a friendly banter and rivalry...
    But we are Europeans, rivalry and nationalism are in our blood

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►