Game crashes when toggling Steam VR overlay

I've been playing this game since launch without too many issues. Took a break for a few weeks, and today when I came back the game was crashing every time I opened the SteamVR menu. Happens every single time I pull it up.

Running the latest version of steamVR (not beta) on an HTC Vive Pro.

Would love to get this resolved as it's impossible to even check the time now without either taking off the headset or losing the game I'm in.

I'd also love to see a fix to the incredibly game breaking transporter bug, which has been in the game since the DLC launch several months ago.

UbiChrisMANG's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello filmgeek47! If the crashing persists you may wish to contact our Support team, they might be able to resolve this for you. You can reach them here:

If you would like to submit a Support Ticket for help you can do so here:
    https://support.ubi.com

You can also reach out to our Facebook and Twitter Support pages here:
    https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/
    https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

Originally Posted by filmgeek47 Go to original post
    I've been playing this game since launch without too many issues. Took a break for a few weeks, and today when I came back the game was crashing every time I opened the SteamVR menu. Happens every single time I pull it up.

Running the latest version of steamVR (not beta) on an HTC Vive Pro.

Would love to get this resolved as it's impossible to even check the time now without either taking off the headset or losing the game I'm in.

I'd also love to see a fix to the incredibly game breaking transporter bug, which has been in the game since the DLC launch several months ago.
    I am experiencing the exact same issue.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please use a different USB port. Also please see if lowering your refresh rate has any effect on this issue.

Let me know what happens.

Originally Posted by UbiGabbin Go to original post
    Please use a different USB port. Also please see if lowering your refresh rate has any effect on this issue.

Let me know what happens.
    Same result.

Thanks for letting me know. Please disable background applications and run Steam as administrator. Those steps should help with any software conflicts. Please also verify the game in Steam.

UbiGabbin, appreciate you chiming in, but it couldn't be any clearer that this is a compatibility issue with the game and a recent steamVR update. None of my other games have this problem, so we shouldn't be having to muck around with our USB ports... Doesn't make any sense.

Performing troubleshooting is necessary before I can report issues. I am perfectly willing to assume that this issue is bigger than just two people, but I need to know that basic steps have been performed before I have this looked into.

Originally Posted by UbiGabbin Go to original post
    Thanks for letting me know. Please disable background applications and run Steam as administrator. Those steps should help with any software conflicts. Please also verify the game in Steam.
    Same result

I'd like to see if I can spot the errors themselves and find the cause. Please reach out to our team with your system files and leave the case number here so I can take a look.