🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Distant bow kills?

Exactly how far away do I have to be when killing an enemy with a bow? The legendary marksman challenge says I need to kill 25 "distant" enemies.

So...how distant?

ChenBop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by cyrax470 Go to original post
    Exactly how far away do I have to be when killing an enemy with a bow? The legendary marksman challenge says I need to kill 25 "distant" enemies.

So...how distant?
    Long enough for me to not even bother with it.

You need to be almost out of range with your bow, so about 60-70 m. Use Artemis' arrows, so the arrow flies in an almost straight line and you don't have to pay attention to obstacles + an archer build so every arrow is deadly. Mark the enemies first with Ikaros. It's inconvenient to always return to the map to see if you are at a proper distance so better measure the distance to an enemy once and memorize how high you have to aim to hit the target at 70 m (usually a bit above the head). You can then approach distant enemies while aiming at that point and as soon as their health bar turns red you know that you reached 70 m and you can release the arrow.
    Sorry my answer isn't as helpful as ChenBop's, I tried my best though :P

ChenBop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Eagle017 Go to original post
    You need to be almost out of range with your bow, so about 60-70 m. Use Artemis' arrows, so the arrow flies in an almost straight line and you don't have to pay attention to obstacles + an archer build so every arrow is deadly. Mark the enemies first with Ikaros. It's inconvenient to always return to the map to see if you are at a proper distance so better measure the distance to an enemy once and memorize how high you have to aim to hit the target at 70 m (usually a bit above the head). You can then approach distant enemies while aiming at that point and as soon as their health bar turns red you know that you reached 70 m and you can release the arrow.
    Sorry my answer isn't as helpful as ChenBop's, I tried my best though :P
    I could of given the real answer that Ubisoft is terrible at giving stats/information we honestly dont know. Everything up to this point is a guess.

You can also use the predator arrow to get kills on distant targets, that way you don't actually have to aim that much.

Still, the required distance is REALLY high. I think it should be toned down a bit - placing myself in the exact position to be barely in range is not something that is very fun.

What would help is being able to see the distance on an enemy when I put the place marker on them. It's there when using Ikaros, but not on ground level with Aleixos. Come on, that's bad game design right there.