View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Brawler/Fist-Weapon character?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 60.00%
  • No

6 40.00%

The Monk can block attacks with his forearm. Can we have a brawler now please?

Ever since this game has been out people have been begging for a fist-weapon/brawler type fighter and the reasoning given by some people all along as to why it couldn't happen is because they would not have a believable way to block or parry because their lack of a weapon. However the new Monk class has a block animation where he simply uses the guard on his forearm to block attacks and it looks great. It doesn't feel fake or look cheesy.

So I don't see why we can have a Hero that either uses their bare hands/martial arts or fist weapons to get the job done. I think it would be a welcome change to the game. All along I envisioned a Hybrid character with a similar mechanic as the Highlander where the Brawler can switch stances to better fit whats needed. A defense stance for protection, an attack stance for straight offense, or just a neutral stance that keeps the enemy guessing. I think it could work out really well. There is plenty of martial arts that could be chosen from and that would fit within one of the 4 factions. Particularly the Samurai or the Vikings faction. A fist-fighting Viking giant would be a hilariously awesome Hybrid or Heavy I think. The executions would be amazing as well.

Hell you can include it in their lore even. Make it a "Clan" thing kind of like what you did with the Highlander. For whatever reason this group of Vikings don't use weapons because they like the challenge. Or that group of Samurai priests don't use weapons because they think its barbaric.

Am I the only one that still wants a brawler like this?

An hero like this could be nice, and I don't hate the idea, but as you see, shaolin has a "long range" weapon that could be used in battles. A fist weapon/martial arts hero sounds too different by the game feeling: each hero as a "long/medium/short" range weapon to fight, and the fights are set in a war enviroinment. If you set an hero that use only martials arts or similar type of attacks with a weapon, you must feel that he could do some damage on armors, not only on a simple "naked" opponent.

If this hero is set right, then he could be a particular character to fight against, and his moves could be very nice to see.

a drunken viking with knife. *fun*

Originally Posted by CptMatsumaru Go to original post
    a drunken viking with knife. *fun*
    Okay see now we are talking lol

Now I wanna see some Shugoki sized Viking running around with brass knuckles and a skinning knife.

maybe with the next faction.

i hope like pirates or "greeks" (spartans, pikemens)

btw, we have teleporting shaolins, maybe batman or wolverine.

maybe with the next faction.

i hope like pirates or "greeks" (spartans, pikemens)

btw, we have teleporting shaolins, maybe batman or wolverine.
    We won't get another faction. I'd be willing to bet anything. Pretty much every major weapon type or warrior type can be tweaked to fit under the umbrella of the 4 factions we have now.

That was a joke.

But Ubisoft does not know if they want to be realistic or go fantasy.
    First we need a good balance between the heroes.

That was a joke.

But Ubisoft does not know if they want to be realistic or go fantasy.
    First we need a good balance between the heroes.
    Oh okay sorry. Sarcasm doesn't go oever well on the internet lol
     1 people found this helpful

viking brawler.
    only a idea.
     1 people found this helpful

CLAWS!!! WE NEED CLAWS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►