Suggestion: Customizable Control Scheme

Any chance to allow us to remap the control scheme in future updates?

I am not hand disabled. But I would like to remap the rolling and shielding on my shoulder buttons because this great game demands a lot avoidance instead fly/cut engine and pilot ability which are very situational.
     4 people found this helpful

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I'll share the suggestion with the team! Thanks for reaching out PlayApe!
     2 people found this helpful

I want to second this request. Ideally, we should be able to swap the sticks for flight and ground independently.

I really like how ground combat controls like a 3rd-person shooter, but controlling pitch/yaw during flight with the right stick feels weird. Most games use the left stick for pitch/yaw or pitch/roll and maybe put thrust on the right stick along with whichever movement axis is still unused. Flying by primarily using the right stick feels weird and goes against decades of muscle memory. I get that it keeps the control scheme consistent throughout, but just having the option to swap sticks for flight would make everyone happy.
     1 people found this helpful

Where are the Gyro controls/Button mapping ?

?
    Honestly don't know how you can attach all that stuff to the switch joy con/ship handle and NOT put motion controls. It would make sense to be able to move the ship in your hands around like a ship. I want to turn aim assist off and get really good with the controls. Being able to map buttons would also help a ton with getting the right feel to jump/shield/boost and barrel roll without having to let go of the sticks. Gyro would also lend a hand there with not needing to keep both hands on sticks

Yes, precisely what this gentleman said.
    Face buttons for hold behaviors forces to adopt the dreaded "claw" grip.
    The shoulder buttons are "tap" and "hold for a second", so swapping those guys would make a lot of sense to maintain better access to the right stick.

CasePB's Avatar Junior Member
    +1 to this. I really wish the boost/dodge was on the R button instead of A button (Switch). It makes it so you can't use the right thumb stick while boosting.... Who decided that was a good thing to do?

Fixing Controls

When will the team update the controls to be customized? I grew up on aircraft/spacecraft games and use southpaw now in shooters as well. It's hard enough trying to aim a gun in first person, but to maneuver a ship is way way harder without the controls I've grown used to. Pilots fly with their left hand mainly. Why switch it to the right hand?
     2 people found this helpful

Still not addressed after a year.

This would only take a dev 2-3 minutes to resolve and nobody has done anything about it.

When are we gonna see some movement to remap L&R with X&A so that we don't have to use a "claw grip" in order to boost while moving? This is a painful way to play and really makes it unplayable and uncomfortable to play.

Go talk to a dev for like 5 minutes and have someone throw it together really quick. This is not that hard.