The same issue here.

Transcendency_'s Avatar Member
    Well they patched the AVX instuctions in Steep, so hopefully they will in this too.
     2 people found this helpful

Right now it looks like Odyssey requires a cpu that can handle AVX. Many recent Ubisoft games in the past year or two have initially had this same problem, and then they eventually add support for the older CPU's. They just need to let us know when they plan to patch it for us.

I found this list of CPU's on a Steam forum post complaining about Steep requiring AVX on CPU's, and these are the type of cpus that do not work when AVX is required:

First generation Intel i3, i5, i7 processor or older (Eg. i7 920, i7 960, etc.)
    Intel Pentium processors (Eg. G4560, G2030, etc.)
    AMD Phenom processors (Eg. X6 1090T).
     4 people found this helpful

nalyu's Avatar Junior Member
    Yea. My question is now this. Is the patch coming soon (like in the coming days) or should I go looking for a refund.

Originally Posted by nalyu Go to original post
    Yea. My question is now this. Is the patch coming soon (like in the coming days) or should I go looking for a refund.
    refund sounds like it might be the go considering we all bought the game for early access I even took a day off work to enjoy the game

It looks like Steep inadvertently started requiring AVX on the patch released 12-4-17. After many complaints, they eventually patched out the AVX requirement on 12-15-17. So, Unless they were already planning to patch out AVX for Odyssey with the Day 1 PC patch(which has no release date), then it might take a week or more for them to fix this.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/46092...6447390948408/

Transcendency_'s Avatar Member
    Yeah I forgot Steep was not running AVX out of the box. The Odyssey Day 1 patch is integrated into the pre load already.

My support ticket: 07074627

Every game I've bought in the past 5 years has worked. Every single Ubisoft game has worked. Not this one, why?
    Preorder, get to play 3 days earlier... not so far.
     1 people found this helpful

And yes, obviously I tried all the current support suggestions. When can we expect a patch?

Aeto5's Avatar Junior Member
    Please patch this game Ubi for older CPU's, not keen on upgrading a PC that works fine with any other game.