to set your expectations, the origins issue never got resolved. but there are several workarounds which may work for odyssey, just search for AC Origins crash on google and read through for some solutions.

code ticket : 07079665 ... thanks in advance

Still waiting on some feed back of some sort ubi please acknowledge if it is going to be fixed befor our 3 days early access I have never had a problem with your products befor till now this does not dishearten me I'm just anxious to play the game I specifically pre bought for early access and took time off work to play
     4 people found this helpful

any official word yet? has anybody got a reply from support?
     1 people found this helpful

Absolute BULL**** UBI CRASH! First my game wont launch beyond the seizure warning screen, then after half day of waiting for supports reply, they tell me my PC doesn't meet the standard requirements what a load of bull when their previous game Origins less than a year old runs fine on a 1060 GTX, intel pentium g4560, 16GB RAM. Folks its that damn AVX instructions, it happened with Steep, The Crew 2 and now Odyssey, what a waste of early access, they better patch that out asap and that DRM too, its like ubisoft is forcing me to play this on console.
     3 people found this helpful

i cant play AC ODYSSEY

I bought ac odyssey to play... but i cant because of the wired crashes, i morn on it and ub laughes on it

Same problem here:
    When I start AC:Odyssey it crashes either immediately after the warning about seizures or a few seconds later when the logo videos show up.
    Ticket number: 07081339

nalyu's Avatar Junior Member
    The problem here is that sometime between the 7th of September and when they posted the readme file coming with the game. They changed the requirements. On the steam forum (https://steamcommunity.com/app/81214...5825893831356/) the minimum requirements asks for a CPU with SSE 4.1 Support or higher required. And now in the new readme file nothing about SSE or AVX just the following list. And all the supported have AVX.

*Supported Intel CPUs at time of release:
    • Intel 2nd gen: Intel Core i5-2400 or better
    • Intel 3rd gen: Intel Core i5-3330 or better
    • Intel 4th gen: Intel Core i3-4430 or better
    • Intel 6th gen: Intel Core i3-6300 or better
    • Intel 7th gen: Intel Core i3-7100 or better
    • Intel 8th gen: Intel Core i3-8100 or better

**Supported AMD CPUs at time of release:
    • AMD FX series: AMD FX-6300 or better
    • AMD Ryzen series: Ryzen 3 1200 or better

Ah well, I have i7 860.. guess it is time for refund.

Aeto5's Avatar Junior Member
    Official uplay page still has nothing about SSE 4.1 support or higher. also incredible how SLI is not supported.