The Reason I'm Quitting

The light spam and counter GB timing.

Yes, I understand the devs want the game to be 'faster', but the decision to not balance console and PC separately has made it impossible for me to enjoy the game. The 400ms attacks are unreactable, and every single Orochi and Aramusha I encounter abuse that. I just played 6 brawl matches in a row, where the only reason I died was an Aramusha using only lights in the Tempest chain, or an Orochi spamming lights from random directions. Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console, and decides to balance the platform separately from PC, I'm done. I've been playing since January, and with every update that increased attack speeds I've had less and less fun. I want to have fun while playing, but I can't with all the light spam.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Thunderstar7 Go to original post

Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console

the player base just went up 5x when they release the free version on PC, no dear minority...

Increasing light spam and breaking guard completely. GG UBISOFT. GREAT GAME 5/7

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Thunderstar7 Go to original post

Yes, I understand the devs want the game to be 'faster', but the decision to not balance console and PC separately has made it impossible for me to enjoy the game. The 400ms attacks are unreactable, and every single Orochi and Aramusha I encounter abuse that. I just played 6 brawl matches in a row, where the only reason I died was an Aramusha using only lights in the Tempest chain, or an Orochi spamming lights from random directions. Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console, and decides to balance the platform separately from PC, I'm done. I've been playing since January, and with every update that increased attack speeds I've had less and less fun. I want to have fun while playing, but I can't with all the light spam.
    We've let the team know that some console players are expressing this sentiment, especially when it comes to light spam. Glad to have had you on-board since January - but games are all about fun, so please do what's best for yourself.

Make Orochi C Tier Again B+ is too much for a cool Hero.

People downloading the game doesn’t mean they play it. They just add it to their library since it’s free.

Every time I See FH becoming free on some deal websites. Everybody keeps saying “I didn’t enjoy it” or “it’s not for me”

I completely agree with above.

Also I’m adding broken revenge system and not having single pick being abused. Of course no balance.

Originally Posted by UbiInsulin Go to original post
    We've let the team know that some console players are expressing this sentiment, especially when it comes to light spam. Glad to have had you on-board since January - but games are all about fun, so please do what's best for yourself.
    Wow this is actually one of the nicest and most genuine posts from a dev I have seen. Good for you Ubilnsulin. That leads me into my reasoning I wanted to share of why I took a season long break.

After I came back and played, I had so much fun for the first few days. I thought, why did I ever leave again? Then I played a team of 3 orochi and a berseker and I remembered.

For me, the light spam was really frustrating along with some of the cheesier. You know what though? I could handle it. It was frustrating but everything in the game has a way around it you know? I just thought, alright, it sucks but fighting this will make me even that much more better when I get the muscle memory down of how to counter it. It was the TOXIC way people handled themselves about every single situation that really made me angry and discouraged every time I played the game.

In the scenario that I want to speak about that brought back the momories, I got literally light spammed playing highlander by 3 orochis after being hit with a Kunai. “Well that sucked. I couldn’t even change guard fast enough and that dang feat needs to be toned down. Let me stick with a teammate, I bet together we can get them next time”. And then it happened as they stood over my executes body. All 3 just emote spamming and spamming “thanks” in chat after getting their first kill of the game. (To clarify, this is on console)

Just the childness and the lengths these people go just to try and piss people off is SO far beyond any other game it’s crazy. I love the game. It’s a real shame. I’ve ran into quite a few real gems of players who have respect and are genuinely super fun and challenging to play against but these people who just want to ruin everyone else’s experience on purpose by being cheesy and rude suck the enjoyment right out of this game.

A more zen player would say “they can’t make you mad unless you let them” but I’m a very chill guy, and this game...when I play it in the morning before work, I realized it subconsciously brings out the worst in me the rest of the day because the pent up anger at the constant disrespect and to top it off usually from players that I know for a fact couldn’t even beat me in a 1v1 without their gang of friends.

I love the game so I probably will never fully quit, but man I need to take it small doses at a time for the most part.

Additional note: I also pride myself on NEVER acting like this as I find it very rude. The fact that they do this to me as a player that tries to give as much respect to other players as possible, it’s even more frustrating as I’m never throwing around salt on the game and try to never purposely get others to feel salty either. I’m not saying this trying to be all up on a high horse, but more to explain that they do these things for no reason other than to simply troll and be rude.
     3 people found this helpful

I played very little this weekend and am winging myself off the game. I like watching people play but I am just sooo tired of light spam and unreactables. It's really not a game of skill anymore but dumb luck. It's suppose to be a complicated game of rock paper scissors, but it's all just ✂ ✂ ✂...because ✂ beats everything. Ubisoft needs to fix their game mechanics.
     1 people found this helpful

For Honor will never be good again, its too far gone and the Devs are too out of touch. It had an okay run at the beginning. Marching Fire will briefly boost the playerbase but the **** mechanics, cheese abuse and lightspam will compound hard when the new heroes come out. If you think it's bad now, it is about to get even more enraging. It's tolerable if you just play until the first ******** game you get, then shut it off for the day and try again another day. You aren't missing anything anyway.
     1 people found this helpful

Light spam (400ms attacks) are an issue on PC as well. Same thing with 50/50s. Less spam and unreactables, more skill would be the way forward.