Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Dawn Go to original post
    Light spam (400ms attacks) are an issue on PC as well. Same thing with 50/50s. Less spam and unreactables, more skill would be the way forward.
    But how do they accomplish this within the current mechanics of the game?

Segregation of characters into game modes. Light spam can only fight light spam. Not that I believe this would ever be done but it's a way.

But what about groups?
    "Light spam can only fight light spam"
    Say my friend chooses Orochi, do I then have to pick an assassin instead of Warlord?
    It's not always as simple as "Segregation" of characters.

I'm fine against arumusha because I know his patterns and what they look like, but the valkyrie, berserker, and orochi lights feel very hard to defend against. The thing is that anyone can pick up the controller for the first time and start spamming these.

Originally Posted by Roseguard_Cpt Go to original post
    But what about groups?
    "Light spam can only fight light spam"
    Say my friend chooses Orochi, do I then have to pick an assassin instead of Warlord?
    It's not always as simple as "Segregation" of characters.
    No you could play warlord in spam dominion but in none spam dominion the option to play orochi would not be there.

They know already, what does this statement mean?

Originally Posted by CRIMS0NM0NKEY Go to original post
    By segregation I mean separating game modes. Like light spam dominion and a dominion without light spammers. Meaning that if you play none spam dominion you don't even have the option to choose any character that light spams.
    Light spam is the future. Excerpts from the state of balance (season 6).

"as we saw that this 100ms difference meant that the fastest attacks, that we want to be unreactable, where now reactable."

"In presenting our data here, we want players to understand that “light spam”, while annoying, doesn’t actually yield overpowered characters. Learning to combat such offense is an important step for a player to improve their For Honor skillset. As our intention is to keep pushing 1v1 combat into a meta in which offense is more viable, it’s important that the community understand where we stand on this topic."

You missed the other half of the explanation

An issue we read about from non-top tier players is that they talk about a “light spam”, or an “assassin meta”. This has been a difficulty to approach balancing-wise for us, since these complaints often drown out the evidence of how weak “light spam” is at the top level of play. When we look at the dataset above, we see Shaman is the only Assassin in the top half of the Win Rate, and Shaman isn’t famous for her “light spam” at any level of play.

Originally Posted by DefiledDragon Go to original post
    Light spam is the future. Excerpts from the state of balance (season 6).

"as we saw that this 100ms difference meant that the fastest attacks, that we want to be unreactable, where now reactable."

"In presenting our data here, we want players to understand that “light spam”, while annoying, doesn’t actually yield overpowered characters. Learning to combat such offense is an important step for a player to improve their For Honor skillset. As our intention is to keep pushing 1v1 combat into a meta in which offense is more viable, it’s important that the community understand where we stand on this topic."
    I rewrote what I said to give a clearer answer to the persons question.

With the state of balance it's sad that this is their stance. Reaction time isn't an acquired skill necessarily. For honor is like trying to build a game around the top 5 % of call of duty quick scopers comparatively....it makes no sense.

Originally Posted by CRIMS0NM0NKEY Go to original post
    I rewrote what I said to give a clearer answer to the persons question.

With the state of balance it's sad that this is their stance. Reaction time isn't an acquired skill necessarily. For honor is like trying to build a game around the top 5 % of call of duty quick scopers comparatively....it makes no sense.
    Well they take their data from the top tier so it does appear to be a game targeted towards competitive standard players, but having said that I play on PC and light spam really isn't the issue it appears to be on console. I'm no competitive standard player by any means. I used to be up until my late 30's but I'm 50 this year and my reactions, while not terrible, are not what they were and yet I can block (and often parry) light attacks with decent consistency. I'm not sure what platform the devs play the game on (if they do play, that is) but it could be that they balance for PC, or at least for a PC like experience (low lag display, wired controllers).

What I was more concerned about in the state of balance matrix was the fact that they appear to rely solely on overall winrates for an indicator of balance while ignoring the disparity between characters. Example, Shinobi's overall winrate is at 50%. The "sweet spot" according to the devs. However, vs Kensei his winrate was something like 33% yet vs Warlord it was something like 66%. There were similar gaps for the other characters. They don't seem to be concerned with players having a fairly even matchup regardless of pick and they seem to be happy with characters having clear and significant disadvantages against certain other characters while having clear and significant advantages over others as long as it evens out overall. That's a piss poor way to balance a roster.