Hey guys, long time no see, I wanted to confirm something, recently(I keep checking google news for AC;B PC info) I saw that ubi said there won't be any all time online DRM, just one time-login, while when I check the site, it shows "A permanent inter connection is required..." Which is it?

Hey guys, long time no see, I wanted to confirm something, recently(I keep checking google news for AC;B PC info) I saw that ubi said there won't be any all time online DRM, just one time-login, while when I check the site, it shows "A permanent inter connection is required..." Which is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbiGabe (Gabriel Graziani) on Twitter:
    Once after install... then offline play will be available to you. 8:43 AM Feb 23rd via HootSuite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source: UbiGabe Twitter

Yes, I saw that sign too, I am not sure if ACB still needs permanent connection.
    http://image.gamersky.com/zqimg/acb/image/logo_b.JPG

'Bout damn time. Are they gong to release a patch/update for previous PC releases such as ACII & SC: Conviction?

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    As already posted - ACB on PC - does not require a permament internet connection for single player.

When you install the game though, you will need a connection to verify the CD key is correct.

After that you are free to play offline.

If you wish to use Uplay / Multiplayer - you will need an permanent internet connection though - naturally.

There is no news about this style of DRM being offered on older titles - and the next title released may also be different - each game is looked at separately and the DRM used decided on at the time.

On a side point, can I ask where you saw the need for the permanent internet connection on Ubi.com? - I will alert the team that needs changing.

I see UBI are slowly learning. How ever the game still requires a internet connection for the activation. So for this reason i still wont be buying this game just like i didn't buy AC2 and SH5.

Thnx, Shade, hmm...seems they changed it, when I posted this, I saw it on the us/uk both the sites of AC....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
    On a side point, can I ask where you saw the need for the permanent internet connection on Ubi.com? - I will alert the team that needs changing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think he looked at the cover. Like go to ubishop http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubie...Digital_Edition.html and look on the right where the cover is. Lower right of the cover it says "A permanent internet connection is required to play the game"

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
    On a side point, can I ask where you saw the need for the permanent internet connection on Ubi.com? - I will alert the team that needs changing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think he looked at the cover. Like go to ubishop http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubie...Digital_Edition.html and look on the right where the cover is. Lower right of the cover it says "A permanent internet connection is required to play the game" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Better try to get that removed - don't want people getting the wrong idea