1. #1

    Petition to restore valk to glory

    Im probably repeating what other ppl have already posted, im just hoping ubisoft actually gets the message and listens to their fanbase!!

    I only play valk before and only play her after re-work. And after all the hours i can honestly say valk in her current state is nothing but a spammy one trick pony.

    I was 20th in the world rankings with valk if that makes any difference, Now she has lost her competitive edge completely, everything that made her unique and the core move set that required skill has been taken away and replaced with a few more "combos".

    Im sorry ubi but adding a couple more combos while taking away her unique style isnt making a better character! you have essentially sucked the fun out of her. So much so that she cant be played competitively anymore! i use to love it but shes so bad now. And boring af.

    So Valk mains i need your voices!!

    Lets speak up and make the change!!
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    It is sad how so many reworks are being based off of light spam, I hope they turn away from that style of rework, Kensei was such a good rework, warden is close to being good, his SB is a little BS right now. The rest are just light spam and HA.

    I will say that the Valk is better than before though, I never gave her a second thought before her pre work, but her style has been gutted.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    The roster is slowly but surely being made "accessible" to new players. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Well, that depends on the kind of player you are. If you're the kind of player that believes that video games should challenge you and reward skilful play then you probably feel it's a bad thing. If, on the other hand, you like to feel like an unstoppable God or don't like having to commit to practising to master a games mechanics overly much then you probably think it's a good thing. I know I'm generalising a fair bit there, but that's pretty much how I see it.

    At the end of the day Ubisoft is a business and they want to be able to make as much money as possible from each of their IP's, so they want as many people as possible to play For Honor and buy steel packs and DLC etc... so they're going to make it accessible to as many players as they can.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    I mained val in dominion. She was better before. I've already said why many times. Ive also stated what the rework should have been. All of it has echoed in the sound of silence and over tided by the voices of noobs shouting "Dahhh, she's so much better now."
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Imo fighting games should always force you to learn your character and even more importantly your opponent's moveset. Accessibility shouldn't be gained by making most of the characters this straightforward...
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    I will say that the Valk is better than before though, I never gave her a second thought before her pre work, but her style has been gutted.
    .....Case in point.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,434
    Originally Posted by xIBlacKmaNIx Go to original post
    Im probably repeating what other ppl have already posted, im just hoping ubisoft actually gets the message and listens to their fanbase!!

    I only play valk before and only play her after re-work. And after all the hours i can honestly say valk in her current state is nothing but a spammy one trick pony.

    I was 20th in the world rankings with valk if that makes any difference, Now she has lost her competitive edge completely, everything that made her unique and the core move set that required skill has been taken away and replaced with a few more "combos".

    Im sorry ubi but adding a couple more combos while taking away her unique style isnt making a better character! you have essentially sucked the fun out of her. So much so that she cant be played competitively anymore! i use to love it but shes so bad now. And boring af.

    So Valk mains i need your voices!!

    Lets speak up and make the change!!
    We understand how near and dear Valk is to a lot of players and the team is keeping an eye on how the rework is performing. I'll make sure to forward the feedback along to the team and should we have new balance changes to the hero, I'll be sure to share those to everyone.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    The funny thing about these, "You ruined ______!" threads is that no one actually provides in-depth feedback on how to fix the character that was ruined.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by GayForShugoki Go to original post
    The funny thing about these, "You ruined ______!" threads is that no one actually provides in-depth feedback on how to fix the character that was ruined.
    First... Love the name! Second, your wrong I have discussed it at length and would be happy to discuss it.

    Give val back all her chains
    Give her back her shield stuff that was nerfed
    Reduce her heavy damage a little
    Give val shamans "any direction" jump attack only at vals distance.
    Give her a headbutt/light opener similar to warlords chainable or unchainable Idc
    Keep her light and sweep speed
    Give her an unblockable second heavy like a mix between wardens and raiders.
    Keep lhl (chain fake)
    Keep lhh (for unblockable)
    Her hl sweep use to be nearly guaranteed
    Take away her current shieldbash light guaranteed spam.
    This is what I would do.

    Previous openers for those that said she didn't have any.
    1. when prestarting or unlocking the chain sweep
    2. Shieldbash to near 50/50 ..sweeps gb..light
    3. Shield tackle charge fake to jump top light.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    To me, she is more fun now than she was before. Plays more fluent. Plus, she is more successful now than before.
    Could it be done even better? Probably, but so far I like the rework.
    Share this post