Ideas For the Game

First of all i would like to say that i LOVE the settlers.
    I have been playing since The Settlers 3 and didnt stop ever since.

The last The Settlers that came out wasnt a game that i liked alot sadly. But i still played it.

Ive read alot of reviews on the internet and alot of the fan base didnt like the new ideas that were implemented in the last The Settlers.

The things i didnt like:

You couldnt build anywhere you wanted anymore.
    You had a Main Character in the game Like a King or Queen and the game was based around that Character.
    In the setters 4 your area you could conquer wasnt based on Towers in the middle of the area. That idea was way more fun.
    The new towers that you need to conquer to get that area was a bad improvement from my point of view.

What i would love to see again is The Settlers 4 in a new jacket. The way the game was put together back then was way better. Ofc it had its own flaws but everything has that.
    But overall i liked The settlers 4 more than the last one that came out.

I hope the new one will amaze us all and make us play it over a 1000 hours instead of 20 like i did in the last one.
     3 people found this helpful

OlaHaldor's Avatar Member
    I wonder which "the last The Settlers" you actually refer to. By reading your post my first thought was Settlers 5 or 6, not 7 which is the latest (for now). Do correct me if I'm mistaken

I agree though. I really enjoyed Settlers 3 and 4 where you conquer land by expanding the borders, whereas in 6 and 7 you expand by taking entire regions. I skipped Settlers 5 entirely because of.. reasons.

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Heyho
    To address some of the these concerns:
    We won't have sectors anymore like in Settlers 6 or 7 but an expansion mechanic very similar to older titles instead, far more organic.
    Same goes for building houses, which don't necessarily require roads but for bigger settlements and a functioning economy you will hardly be able to avoid building those to speed up transports.
    The heroes form The Settlers 5 and 6 won't be in the new The Settlers either.

More details on the various aspects to come in future articles and the promised Q&A posts - stay tuned!
     3 people found this helpful

RE

To address some of the these concerns:

We won't have sectors anymore like in Settlers 6 or 7 but an expansion mechanic very similar to older titles instead, far more organic.
    --> The only way to do it is expanding by the use of military buildings. Nothing else works nor makes sense

Same goes for building houses, which don't necessarily require roads but for bigger settlements and a functioning economy you will hardly be able to avoid building those to speed up transports.
    --> I actually wished to see buildings only being built and operated when they are connected to roads; so having roads is a must have just like in older games.If only to control and direct the flow of the Settlers and goods on the map. Just randomly placing buildings with no connection to the road system doesn't make sense to me...

The heroes form The Settlers 5 and 6 won't be in the new The Settlers either.
    --> This is a good thing. I dislike these type of games that are centered around a hero.

More details on the various aspects to come in future articles and the promised Q&A posts - stay tuned!