No online play (unless you edit all of your files and play via second party hosting devices), no comprehensive patches like in the previous versions such as FB and AEP (and patches have been released late and in "fragments"), yet to see the promised aircraft that will be released with these future patches (not that they are aircraft that had any real impact on the war...such as flyable Avengers, Helldivers), other than that...this is a freaking awesome game. I would, however, like to be able to fly online in the Pacific and fly off of carriers and play online via the UBI.COM software that comes with this 30 dollar game. I mean...a programmer got sick and so on and so forth...but it has been a few weeks now...perhaps longer. Then I ask...where is the beef?

On a slightly better note after all my complaining...the patches and stuff they have released...3.01 mainly...have helped out a lot already. Carrier ops are better with select aircraft...realism is getting better. The campaigns have everything you could ever imagine (fighter sweeps, recon, patrol, attack/defense scrambles). Oleg and crew have hit the mark for setting a new standard in WWII Pacific flight simulation. Great job.

You should try playing online at Hyperlobby. The online rooms hosted by Ubi are craptacular anyway. Just download the client, select Forgotten Battles, pick a name and a password and you're in.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/modules...download&cid=2

You are dead wrong when it comes to online play. I play almost exclusively online and have not edited any config files to do so nor have I used hyperlobby or any other "second party hosting device". None of the servers on UBI.com are worth playing so forget that option. Spend 2 minutes on a search and you can find the IP number of the only server that's worth a connection as well as many others that are almost worth a connection.

-Outlaw.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

better choice, less resource , less laggs.

Use it in the trial mode and just press trial mode button every 7 days .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WB_Outlaw:
    You are dead wrong when it comes to online play. I play almost exclusively online and have not edited any config files to do so nor have I used hyperlobby or any other "second party hosting device". None of the servers on UBI.com are worth playing so forget that option. Spend 2 minutes on a search and you can find the IP number of the only server that's worth a connection as well as many others that are almost worth a connection.

-Outlaw. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Outlaw,
    Are you talking about the multiplayer mode in game that will search for a server?

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RWetterholt:
    No online play (unless you edit all of your files and play via second party hosting devices), no comprehensive patches like in the previous versions such as FB and AEP (and patches have been released late and in "fragments"), yet to see the promised aircraft that will be released with these future patches (not that they are aircraft that had any real impact on the war...such as flyable Avengers, Helldivers), other than that...this is a freaking awesome game. I would, however, like to be able to fly online in the Pacific and fly off of carriers and play online via the UBI.COM software that comes with this 30 dollar game. I mean...a programmer got sick and so on and so forth...but it has been a few weeks now...perhaps longer. Then I ask...where is the beef?

On a slightly better note after all my complaining...the patches and stuff they have released...3.01 mainly...have helped out a lot already. Carrier ops are better with select aircraft...realism is getting better. The campaigns have everything you could ever imagine (fighter sweeps, recon, patrol, attack/defense scrambles). Oleg and crew have hit the mark for setting a new standard in WWII Pacific flight simulation. Great job. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You are right...UBI.com sucks. Which is why nobody ever uses it. Do what the rest of us have done...get HyperLobby. Its a free third party client system and virtually all of the squads, servers, groups, associations, and random assorments of FB/AEP/PF players fly there.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

The guy who makes it is a very nice guy...he's the reason that any of us still play this game online. Alot of us use it...it works very well. Give it a try. Forget UBI.com. I have.

Patches have come along just like before. It took a while between 1.0 and 1.1 and it took a while to get 1.2 which added new content for FB. So give it some time. We've also seen Beta patches here before...you may have never tried them. So if thats your point of comparison...anyone whos been around for a long time has seen the same sort of thing. The PF 3.01 patch works well. The Beta 3.02bm works very well for the most part...just give it some time.

NoBunny's Avatar Banned
    Get ASE - The All Seeing Eye and make your life simple.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

Regarding FUBAR:

It's not just a clever acronym anymore! Now, it's a movie? In fact, probably the finest Canadian film since Porky's (just kidding, naturellement).

Well, check it out!

http://www.fubar-themovie.com/title_page.html

Yes...all good points. But the main gripe I am going for here is that we have all paid somewheres in the vicinity of 30-40 dollars for this game and have gotten very little in return as far as playing online through a system which now has 30-40 of our hard earned dollars. I am just a "noob pilot" or whatever you people call novice pilots but I surely do not like to get an expansion on this wonderful series which claims to be able to be played on UBI.COM and then install and configure everything and have it not work. Whenever you must have people download programs and actually read directions...it will turn a lot of people off (luckily I am not included in that group). I don't mean to sound whiny but I really do not want to spend time aside from work figuring out why my game does not work online. If it does not work out of the box...we got ripped off. Oleg has our money and that is really all he cares about...he is a business man. That is what businessmen do. Right now...I feel ripped off.

You are so wrong about Oleg. Be sure.

WB.