ARCADE Stand-Alone

The end of FAR CRY 5 is foreseeable.

Is there a possibility to get an ARCADE Stand-Alone?
    Maybe in two versions. The Creators Edition (paid) and a Free-To-Play version for The Players.

I would ♥︎ and pay to see that!
     1 people found this helpful

Arcade should of been free on launch day. Now the majority of those that bought the campaign moved on. Its mainly mappers and few casuals playing multiplayer now. Even the server browser was to little to late. Either arcade needs to be free. Or this game needs a major price drop to like $20 or $15 already.

Multiplayer needs to be repopulated with new players. But with no respawning vehicles or no new game modes on the horizon. Not much left to prove for this game. Its a shame since this game has the best map editor yet. Best map editor doesn't fix the poor judgement in deciding on only 6vs6, no respawning vehicles and only DM,TDM and delayed server browser how many months in.

Hopefully UBISOFT has new game engine and increased players in lobbies like 8vs8 minimum and domination and respawning vehicles first day on next generation consoles. If they settle for same old engine and 6vs6 and keep back peddling with no respawning vehicles or game modes or server browser day one. Might as well delay it. Or scrap this franchise all together. FAR CRY 2 is still the best 3 and 4 were horrible and dead fast. 5 is right on time to be dead like prior sequels.

At least UBISOFT didn't beat around the bush and was flat out honest and said no respawning vehicles or any new game modes. So it gives people time to settle down and either hang on and stick around or flat out drop this game.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft never going to make Arcade as stand alone game !
    They did not done that with PVP in Ghost Recon Wildlands.

We're getting scripting.

Originally Posted by Heath_Deadger Go to original post
    We're getting scripting.
    Erm... that has nothing to do with this thread.

Ubisoft lies they could make a new game mode they chose not. They say its not possible thats a lie. They just have all the updates planned and new modes are not in the plan.
    Race mode is simple its journey.
    And they hardly ever answer anyone. I could go through and answer everyone question in a day. I asked 30 questions got one answered in 3 months.

Relax, dude!

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    I would be happy to get what we basically have now with extras, so allow for more players online, more enemies on screen at the same time in solo maps.
    Respawning vehicles, more game modes.

Lobby Browser having an option to end the match early and allow the player to create a playlist and also people we follow let us search through map builders so we can instantly get access to their maps just through finding their name in a search.

When building a map allow ALL Modes to be placed into the map if the map is designed to handle it, that way one map featured would support all the modes and would save massively on storage space at the developers end rather than making multiple maps for each mode.
    Solo maps also supporting multiple modes on the same map providing the map is designed for them.

Allow Power-Ups launch / jump pads and teleporters (more fun)
    Maybe even cross platform play if Sony agree on the next consoles
    With maps have them all in the same place so that one map published can then be searched and found / played on any platform and have the Platforms Tag and Map Creators name watermarked onto the map for the platform it was created on.

Add in a way to allow maps to be protected if people wish to implement this feature.

So same as we have now with extras (And that would be perfection - I really like what we currently have but going forward would like to keep this and get more so an upgraded Arcade I guess either as stand alone or with the next game)

Stand Alone would in my opinion be better because then it could get things not just from the main campaign so maybe more freedom to do other things.

Originally Posted by portal_JUMPER21 Go to original post
    Ubisoft lies they could make a new game mode they chose not. They say its not possible thats a lie. They just have all the updates planned and new modes are not in the plan.
    Race mode is simple its journey.
    And they hardly ever answer anyone. I could go through and answer everyone question in a day. I asked 30 questions got one answered in 3 months.
    Woah, okay chill out here.

While it's a real shame we won't be getting any additional PvP game modes, they didn't go out of their way to lie and spite us. I certainly agree that their work with being transparent and responsive to the community is very poor but you have to understand how game development works. I believe they certainly attempted to bring us more game modes, but due to either a lack of skilled man power or unforeseeable issues with the code, they halted development on it so they can focus their time, budget, and resources on other projects that they deem more necessary. This doesn't mean they lied to us. You're exaggerating and creating needless drama here.

Secondly, Journey is a completely separate PvE mode and they can't simply just "copy and paste" that code and magically turn it into a PvP race gametype. That's just not how it works. I really don't think you can even begin to realize how complex game development is.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jeeeeeeebus Go to original post
    Secondly, Journey is a completely separate PvE mode and they can't simply just "copy and paste" that code and magically turn it into a PvP race gametype. That's just not how it works. I really don't think you can even begin to realize how complex game development is.
    Journey has an extraction point and when the player walks into it the map ends, so surely that extraction point could be replaced with a control zone type option where the extraction point could be stretched to size - it might take a lot of doing but I am guessing would be doable.

So then playing either TDM or DM mode have a modifier and if the modifier is ticked then that would enable this new extraction point to show in the map.
    Now in item preferences for say team have an option that you can select how many team members have to be in this extraction point for the map to end from 1-6 (for DM it would just be one)

Then playing the map this extraction point shows up, you can be on foot or in a vehicle I guess it depends how the map is designed.
    So number of players get into the zone and then the map ends either a player wins or a team wins.

I know it wouldn't be at the blink of an eye but modifiers for Multiplayer Modes would have added in some fun for maps that were designed to compliment them.