DLC 8/14 "Blues Song Pack II"

Just when you think you've beaten the Monday blues, Rocksmith goes ahead and gives us the Tuesday blues with the follow-up to 2015's Blues Song Pack, cleverly named Blues Song Pack II. The songs are:

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - John Lee ******
    West Coast Blues - Wes Montgomery
    Back Door Man - Willie Dixon

Enjoy!

Source
     5 people found this helpful

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Blues Song Pack II – $7.99

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmit...n-guitar-bass/
     3 people found this helpful

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Wes Montgomery! Awesome! Is it confirmed that we got the Riverside Records version? My Daddy worked for Riverside back in the late 50's - 60s, I grew up on this stuff

Nice variety in this pack, really shows the diversity of The Blues. Good job Rocksmith.
     2 people found this helpful

Awesome. This is a must buy for me. I hope it does well.
     1 people found this helpful

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
     2 people found this helpful

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Alt. Arrangements:

This week's Blues Song Pack II features two alt. arrangements.

"Back Door Man" by Willie Dixon features an Alt. Rhythm arrangement in Open D tuning, working well with a slide. This is the authentic arrangement.
    The representative Rhythm path is adapted for E Standard.

"West Coast Blues" by Wes Montgomery contains several unusual features,

Per Note Tracker Brian Sheu:

Lead: Authentic Wes’s part. The chord changes in the lyrics allow you to see a little bit of how Wes is weaving in and out of different tonalities and key changes. During the chord solo, you can also see how he uses certain devices like diminished passing tones to create a sense of movement. You can also see how he superimposes different chord voicings to get more interesting sounds and extensions. Lots to study here!

Rhythm: Guitar head with basic jazz chord accompaniment. Every few choruses (ie: every few times we go through the form of the tune) we change the voicings and comping ideas to give a little bit of variety to give beginners an idea on how a guitarist may change what they’re doing when playing behind a soloist.

Alt Rhythm: This is an arrangement that is open for improv. You can practice comping along by reading the lyric chord changes as a guide, or you could solo along.

Bass: Authentic bass transcription, you can see how the bass player outlines the chord progression and use chromatic leading tones.
     5 people found this helpful

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    I guess now Dan will have to stop making fun of jazz!

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    A Jazz song in a Blues pack! Way to go!

Thanks - Love the extra learning!

This is something I would love to see more of. I really get into the "wonkiness" of the descriptions as I think that even though some of it goes over my head I am still learning so much. I wish that UBI would allow for more "educational" info into this program. I always thought that it had untapped potential to allow for classes or lessons in styles. I'm thinking of stuff like Griff Hamlins lessons that you could buy and use in the program or the kinds of lessons available at Truefire. That would be awesome. I would gladly pay for lessons like that!

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm not sure if I can sit through 5 minutes of West Coast Blues - let alone attempt to play it. Way too much faff. I guess Jazz isn't for me.

I'll probably pick up the other two, but I'm not overly excited by the choices in this pack. Here's hoping for Blues Pack 3.