Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager

Patch Notes - Title Update 9 - August 9th - Arcade & Editor

Far Cry Arcade
    • Fixed an issue where the last buff used in a previous match would carry over to a new match upon selecting a different one.
    • Fixed an issue where party member(s) could be removed if the host entered a match where the available slots did not match his group size.
    • Fixed an issue with the music where it would stop playing when you joined an ‘in-game party’ invite.
    • Fixed an issue where a player could become invincible if he respawned as a client at the exact moment a host migration was initiated.
    • Fixed an issue with the lobby browser during a maintenance. If you were to refresh the list of lobbies the results would yield different results each time or nothing at all.

Map Editor
    • New: Added assets for Far Cry® 5 Dead Living Zombies.
    • New: Added the “Search” function on Consoles.
    • New: More Generic shapes: Cylinders, Pyramids, Spheres, Tubes. Can be found under /Add new objects /Generic shapes /Generic shapes.
    • Invisible shapes. Can be found under /Add new objects /Generic shapes /Invisible.
    • Fixed an issue where the PC editor would freeze for a moment if you searched for an object by using only a single letter.
    • Fixed an issue where the ‘Sky Occlusion’ would fail to save correctly.
    • Fixed a possible issue where menus would overlap after using the validation tool on consoles in specific conditions.
    • Some terrain textures where the material’s assignation did not correctly match its type.
    • The cursor in the texture painter on consoles as it was seen randomly flickering.
    • Fixed an issue with the asymmetrical loadouts where the system did not check if it was active or not.
    • Fixed an issue on PC where you could end up stuck if you were to have moved an object outside the map limits.
    • Fixed several assets that were replaced by different assets when you re-loaded your map. Might only be one case left with ‘House Small 04’.
    • Under the “Add new objects” section, “/Lights and Effects” was renamed to “/Audio and Visuals”.
    • New: Added new Blood, Fire, Smoke, Water particle effects.
    • New: Added VFX to the player camera when entering water surfaces.
    • New: Added Volume management objects (Audio, Lighting, Reflection). Can be found under /Add new object /Audio and visuals.
    • New: Added Temporary structure under /Add new object > /Audio and visuals: A second folder baring the same name can be seen to show all new +-30 effects.
     8 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    WoW some amazing stuff there, new shapes spheres, pyramids, tubes etc for Generic Shapes and an Invisible option, new particle effects and a Search function on Consoles.

The most disappointing thing is the Camera Auto Scroll OFF issue has still not been addressed, this actually worked back in December last year on PS4 when I got chance to try the editor on console.
    All I can say is life with this working when building is so much easier and map building is faster with that option working, if the guys that made maps for Ubisoft built on Console they would have that very high on the list for a fix so hoping this WILL get some love thrown it's way eventually.

Arcade is getting better and better, really looking forward to the new stuff tomorrow
     5 people found this helpful

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-CJ Go to original post

Map Editor:
    • New: More Generic shapes: Cylinders, Pyramids, Spheres, Tubes. Can be found under /Add new objects /Generic shapes /Generic shapes.
    • Invisible shapes. Can be found under /Add new objects /Generic shapes /Invisible.
    • Fixed several assets that were replaced by different assets when you re-loaded your map. Might only be one case left with ‘House Small 04’.
    • New: Added Volume management objects (Audio, Lighting, Reflection). Can be found under /Add new object /Audio and visuals.

WOW! I was NOT expecting this! The new DLC assets, sure. But just look at all the new features, including an object search on consoles and invisible shapes to block players from roaming around maps! At lease, I'm assuming they don't have an occluding volume. :P

AWESOME, can't wait to try the new goodies!

Didn't fix the textures they broke in the last update nor the diner sign that was causing maps to freeze. That also worked fine before the last update. New assets and shapes are great but pointless without a new game mode or even vehicle respawn. Still no alien AI. I'm about fed up with this.... guess i have to fix all my maps and rats and roaches will forever be broken on the other platforms. This seriously turns my stomach.
     1 people found this helpful

• New: Added Temporary structure under /Add new object > /Audio and visuals: A second folder baring the same name can be seen to show all new +-30 effects.

Very intrigued by those new functions, if it means that the volume the player goes in triggers a new effect with a chosen audio and lighting then it's awesome.
    But maybe i'm wrong, will check this for sure.

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Nice update.

I was so happy and screaming with happiness when I read the details of the update )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FlyingSpiritus Go to original post
    Very intrigued by those new functions, if it means that the volume the player goes in triggers a new effect with a chosen audio and lighting then it's awesome.
    But maybe i'm wrong, will check this for sure.
    I'm assuming these Volumetric objects control the audio effect (echo/distortion in a cave sounds different from an open field), lighting effect (the generic lighting applied to the area within the volume differs) and reflection (no clue, all I can come up with is objects reflecting in reflective surfaces?).

For an example of the audio volume, try firing a gun while you're in the "Den Cheeseburger", it'll sound different.

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    WOW! I was NOT expecting this! The new DLC assets, sure. But just look at all the new features, including an object search on consoles and invisible shapes to block players from roaming around maps! At lease, I'm assuming they don't have an occluding volume. :P

AWESOME, can't wait to try the new goodies!
    Thanks for your search list site. Dont delete it!

Hopefully they turned the volume down on the waterfalls
     1 people found this helpful