🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Multiplayer in Disconnect mode?

Hi,

Does anyone know why we are not able to play Multiplayer in disconnect mode?
    Seems odd, sometimes when I am learning the lead, I want to see it beside the rhythm. This function also provides options when jamming with a buddy.

There are a couple of workarounds but it would be nice to have this as an option.

Thanks,

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Stabbing in the dark on this, since I have not played multi-player or mic mode.

What do you mean "disconnect mode"? You mean disconnected from the internet or not using a RealTone cable (mic mode)?

Next, I'm not sure how multi-player works in either of these situations. I guess that could be platform dependent ... like work on PC, but not on console.

So, what platform?

If you are talking about mic mode, I don't think multi-player will work, since it is looking for 2 RealTone cables. Plus on a console, I think it wants 2 user accounts plus 2 realtone cables.

Hi Cole,

In my case, I am talking about PC... The disconnected input mode allows you to play without the real tone cable or mic, of course, you will not be scored but it is an easy way to play the guitar through your amp without an XY box.

Please see the following in regards to the different input modes. https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/0...PS4-PS3-RS2014

Correction xy box = ABY Pedal or splitter cable

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I knew about mic mode, but had no idea about disconnected mode.

Obviously I don't use either.