I am sure that you all have seen my other thread about the WW2 Weekend. If not, the dates for this year are June 6-8 in Reading, PA. I would LOVE to see MANY people from these forums come out this year and attend. I have already met a couple of you in the years past, but surely there are more of you that can make the pilgrimage and get together...especially for THIS year. Please come on out and share this VERY special occasion, yes, the B-17 flight, that I will be sharing with another yet unnamed forum member.
    Depending on how many of us can get together for this WW2 weekend, and for the B-17 flight on Sunday morning, I may have another surprise or two in store! We'll see

I am sure that you all have seen my other thread about the WW2 Weekend. If not, the dates for this year are June 6-8 in Reading, PA. I would LOVE to see MANY people from these forums come out this year and attend. I have already met a couple of you in the years past, but surely there are more of you that can make the pilgrimage and get together...especially for THIS year. Please come on out and share this VERY special occasion, yes, the B-17 flight, that I will be sharing with another yet unnamed forum member.
    Depending on how many of us can get together for this WW2 weekend, and for the B-17 flight on Sunday morning, I may have another surprise or two in store! We'll see

Sounds like a plan. I live in PA and if I got my license then, I'll see if I can make time to go.

Wheres this airshow at england i see RAF33.I saw 100 p-51s at Rickenbacker columbus,ohio airshow last year it was great.

I will be there Sunday. I would love to go on a Saturday but I coach baseball and we always have a game so Sunday it has been for the past 3 years.

S!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hsj41:
    Wheres this airshow at england i see RAF33.I saw 100 p-51s at Rickenbacker columbus,ohio airshow last year it was great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The WW2 Weekend is in Pennsylvania, near Reading, a little more than 1 hour NW of Philadelphia.
    I use "RAF33" in my avatar because that is the virtual squadron I am affiliated with.

For those of you that have never been to WW2 Weekend, and would like to try and make it here, I have some maps to give you a pretty good idea of where it is.
    For the first map, you can see Philadelphia, PA in the bottom right corner and Harrisburg (the state capital) on the left center. Reading is marked by the RED STAR at the center of the map.

The next map is a closeup view of the Reading Airport, other wise known as the Gen. Carl A. Spaatz (USAF) Field (for you MS Flight Simulator people), and the surrounding area.

Next I have an aerial image of the field with the Mid Atlantic Air Museum in the RED CIRCLE.

and last, a closeup of the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. For those that have been there, you will easily recognize the blue hangar

PF_Coastie's Avatar Senior Member
    Man, I am from Mechanicsburg and I have never been to this thing. My mom and sister still live there (dillsburg) but when I come up there to visit from Va, I just have so much other stuff to do and people to see.

I have just got to make time to do this. Maybe combine it with a Turkey hunting and/or trout fishing trip and leave the family at home!

***EDIT: Well I just noticed this is in June, so no turkey hunting. But, Trout fishing is still a possibility!

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    I live on the Left Coast---might be visiting friends in WV at that time. If I am, I'll show.

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    Definitely going to try to make it again this year.

Hmm... It seems the Defiant will be in Federation Space at that time. I shall request shoreleave from Captain Sisko and endeavor to attend. Perhaps Miles O'Brian and Doctor Bashir will attend also considering their love of Ancient 20th Century Earth Aircraft.

Da Worfster