Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    How about not forcing political issues into the game? Sometimes not touching a political subject is better than getting associated with being part of a random agenda
    Becouse that israel is not in the game that's why they are taling side in the agenda

Originally Posted by Morfanos Go to original post
    That's what I was trying to say with the hot potato comment.

So far, I think they've been doing a pretty good job.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Six_(novel)
    This is why they not

Because it's considerate a hot potato in most of the world.

Beside, Ash is an Israeli soldier working with/for to the FBI, she's not American, at least according to her bio.
    Essientally she is a trainer for counter terrorism for fbi swat under a irl agency directive. Avoiding using them can be seen as a stance regardless. Besides its a fictional game there's no reason to not add them.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Essientally she is a trainer for counter terrorism for fbi swat under a irl agency directive. Avoiding suing them can be seen as a stance regardless. Besides its a fictional game there's no reason to not add them.
    I'm not sure I follow you on the whole "suing them" thing but on the fiction part, yes, it does matters. You don't have to look very far to see how "fiction" can cause issues in the real world. Ghost Recon Wildlands or Far Cry 5 are just two of Ubisoft's latest products that created controversies, fiction or not.

Like I've been saying from the start, Israel is part of some of the countries/zones that are considered "hot potato" and therefor, ignoring them is probably the wisest move seeing this game has a worldwide community. It's not like they're running out of countries to chose operators from... My reactions would be the some for other "hot potato" countries/zones. It is not specific to Israel.

Some works of fiction are made to challenges ideas and make you think or even provoke. It's not the case with Siege.

I'm not sure I follow you on the whole "suing them" thing but on the fiction part, yes, it does matters. You don't have to look very far to see how "fiction" can cause issues in the real world. Ghost Recon Wildlands or Far Cry 5 are just two of Ubisoft's latest products that created controversies, fiction or not.

Like I've been saying from the start, Israel is part of some of the countries/zones that are considered "hot potato" and therefor, ignoring them is probably the wisest move seeing this game has a worldwide community. It's not like they're running out of countries to chose operators from... My reactions would be the some for other "hot potato" countries/zones. It is not specific to Israel.

Some works of fiction are made to challenges ideas and make you think or even provoke. It's not the case with Siege.
    Sorry typo I meant using. Lol I love that u use hot potato. But in regards its like div 2 its based in D.C. but there's no political meaning to it but ppl try to see things that aren't there so I do see where you're coming from but I personally see no reason to not add them. I assume you mean the same and yea without going back to countries already used most of the popular and widely known ctus are already in aside from Israel and Mexico oh and lets not forget Australia.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Sorry typo I meant using. Lol I love that u use hot potato. But in regards its like div 2 its based in D.C. but there's no political meaning to it but ppl try to see things that aren't there so I do see where you're coming from but I personally see no reason to not add them. I assume you mean the same and yea without going back to countries already used most of the popular and widely known ctus are already in aside from Israel and Mexico oh and lets not forget Australia.
    Using them... yep, makes a lot more sense then suing them.

You've hit the nail right on the head. It's a game based on fiction (didn't we just beat CCCP zombies a few months ago?) so I wouldn't have a problem with it but, as I keep repeating myself, something you seems to like, it is indeed a hot potato and could mean a PR nightmare for Ubisoft which is why I believe it's just better to keep to the "normal" countries.

I don't believe we've running out of countries, not including recycling the old one like the French and Russia for Chimera and the Americans and English with the 3rd season, I can think of at least a dozen non problematic countries without even taking the time to really think about it: Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Finland, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, etc...

Do they really need to be well known to add flavor? Look at the ones we already have. I had never heard of the SDU before and I'm pretty much most of the planet thought our Canadian's Special Force consisted of Mounties ridding giant beavers to stop terrible crimes like the "Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist!" (it's a real thing, the heist I mean, not the giant beavers).

Those are all "safe" countries that shouldn't in theory cause any "hot potato" issues.

Beside, I for one would love to see the Vatican Special Forces, the Zouaves! (That one is probably more amusing if you've read a Tintin before and know some of the often used "insults" Haddock uses every two sentences.)

Using them... yep, makes a lot more sense then suing them.

You've hit the nail right on the head. It's a game based on fiction (didn't we just beat CCCP zombies a few months ago?) so I wouldn't have a problem with it but, as I keep repeating myself, something you seems to like, it is indeed a hot potato and could mean a PR nightmare for Ubisoft which is why I believe it's just better to keep to the "normal" countries.

I don't believe we've running out of countries, not including recycling the old one like the French and Russia for Chimera and the Americans and English with the 3rd season, I can think of at least a dozen non problematic countries without even taking the time to really think about it: Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Finland, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, etc...

Do they really need to be well known to add flavor? Look at the ones we already have. I had never heard of the SDU before and I'm pretty much most of the planet thought our Canadian's Special Force consisted of Mounties ridding giant beavers to stop terrible crimes like the "Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist!" (it's a real thing, the heist I mean, not the giant beavers).

Those are all "safe" countries that shouldn't in theory cause any "hot potato" issues.

Beside, I for one would love to see the Vatican Special Forces, the Zouaves! (That one is probably more amusing if you've read a Tintin before and know some of the often used "insults" Haddock uses every two sentences.)
    Lol its just in 23 years of speaking English you're the first person I've ever heard use hot potato to describe a hot zone or problematic country and I though oh wow that's actually a good use of the phrase( not bashing you I seriously found it funny). For me I just would prefer if they finished up some of more popular ctus first or at the least fix the weapon choices for some of the base game ctus ie sas doesn't use the L85 because its a pos likewise the fbi swat uses M4 and MP5.

Because it would get controversial. As you probably know Israel is a pretty hated countries throughout the world and Ubisoft wouldn't really risk getting into some real heat. If it would get too out of hand they would have to remove the ops then the Jewish/Israeli people would get offended then it would turn into some thing really bad. I'm Israeli and I would love Israeli ops but its probably not going to happen.

Too many friendly fire incidents with Kaid and Nomad.

Two possible reasons...

1. Cowardice. They're afraid of putting in representatives from probably the most effective anti-terrorist military force the planet has ever seen because they accomplish their objectives by specifically ignoring the sort of western political correctness that has turned large parts of Ubisoft's home nation into No-Go zones.

2. Prejudice. Ubisoft could be so enamored of the anti-Israel narrative that they are bigoted to the point where they are committing acts of prejudice and racism against Israel in the name of the aforementioned western political correctness.

Probably a lot more of #1 than #2 (at least that is to be hoped). But both motives 1 and 2 start blending together a lot, so it becomes difficult to separate them. Needless to say, it is patently absurd that there are operatives from Mickey Mouse organizations like BOPE, GROM, GIS, GEO and SAT while there isn't a single ICTU operator to be seen.

Cowardice. Prejudice. Those are the only answers.