1. #1

    Is Shaman OP? Genuine question

    So I personally think she's OP but that might be because I'm not a very experienced For Honor player. But I would still say I'm capable.

    Anyway my reasons are:

    *She has a fast dodge attack*

    *For whatever stupid reason she can heal in a 1v1 duel*

    *Her bite deals quite a bit of damage*

    *Her feints are pretty hard to counter IMO*

    I'm asking because I want to know what higher level players think of her? Is she fine? Is she OP? or is she under powered
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Darkmight_cz's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    203
    Originally Posted by Mr.Dr. Go to original post
    So I personally think she's OP but that might be because I'm not a very experienced For Honor player. But I would still say I'm capable.

    Anyway my reasons are:

    *She has a fast dodge attack*

    *For whatever stupid reason she can heal in a 1v1 duel*

    *Her bite deals quite a bit of damage*

    *Her feints are pretty hard to counter IMO*

    I'm asking because I want to know what higher level players think of her? Is she fine? Is she OP? or is she under powered
    She is currently S or A+ in tier list. She has many mixups and fast softfeints also her tracking of leap is ridiculous not talking about 50dmg +heal and stam bite. So yes she is very strong maybe not OP but very close to it. Damage and heal from bite and also tracking of jumps should be toned down and she will be fine. My opinion
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    That's some can of worms you opened there lol.

    Ok so I have a fairly unpopular opinion, I believe that the game is balanced well above the level of most people who post here or reddit or whatever. This isn't a bad thing nor does it mean that people willing to put in an effort can't handle most things in the game, my belief though is that if Ubisoft are looking at the esport market then it shouldn't be a case of just anyone, and I use myself as that just anyone - I wasn't an elite gamer at eighteen, I am now the other side of thirty, should be able to just pick it up and fight at a decent level with people who are among the best at it.

    Personally I believe a lot of what she does is reactable or you can read when a player will go to a certain tool, but I have put in a lot of work using her and fighting against her in the arena, that is the benefit of knowing I am not an elite gamer, I put in the homework if I want to be able to feel I am not a liability in team games. Honestly if you are looking for higher level players, they are more likely to hang out in the competitive subreddit or the discord rather than here.

    One thing I do put a lot by is the state of balance that the devs have started doing each season and the win matrix among the top 2.5% that comes with it as this is the level that the devs balance characters around (bearing in mind this was before the last two reworks).





    In terms of popularity in pick rate amongst the top players she is very low down, 15th with 3.0%. Now going with the win matrix, I would have to say it is more a case of other characters need bringing to a higher level. Bearing in mind that the devs have a target of 45-55% win rate when they look at overall and individual matchups, at high level play, barring one, she falls below that among the rest of the top six but then she is quite a bully among the lower tier heroes.

    You'll get a lot of opinions, I would say a lot of people here will be very much in the negative side of that with a few who know how to play her and read her moves in dissent, personally I don't use her (two reps on xbox, zero on PC which is now my platform for For Honor) and so long as I make sure I have a bit of time against her in the arena, whether in general or against specific mixups, I tend to do well enough with people who play her at my level.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Her ganking ability is OP, no question about that. Because you cant revenge out of the bite.
    She is more or less fine otherwise, even though she could use some minor tweaking.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Some will say yes others will say no. Depends on the player more than anything
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Difficulty is subjective, and so is who you consider OP. I find the Shaman in a nice place now, with two fellas generally consider weak to be the hardest fights.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Idk man when I play my Nobushi and Valk against her I can't do ****. Her heavies are faster than my lights so I have to turtle up and pray I guess the right direction her stupid ****ing lunge attack goes. And that's just her spamming her lunge. Is that Shaman being stronger or Old Heroes being crap? Probably both but I'm tired of being told she isn't so I just stop talking about it. It's not like everyone on Xbox doesn't have a pocket Shaman they pull out whenever they can't win a game of For Honor on their main. xD
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Darkmight_cz's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    203
    Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    That's some can of worms you opened there lol.

    Ok so I have a fairly unpopular opinion, I believe that the game is balanced well above the level of most people who post here or reddit or whatever. This isn't a bad thing nor does it mean that people willing to put in an effort can't handle most things in the game, my belief though is that if Ubisoft are looking at the esport market then it shouldn't be a case of just anyone, and I use myself as that just anyone - I wasn't an elite gamer at eighteen, I am now the other side of thirty, should be able to just pick it up and fight at a decent level with people who are among the best at it.

    Personally I believe a lot of what she does is reactable or you can read when a player will go to a certain tool, but I have put in a lot of work using her and fighting against her in the arena, that is the benefit of knowing I am not an elite gamer, I put in the homework if I want to be able to feel I am not a liability in team games. Honestly if you are looking for higher level players, they are more likely to hang out in the competitive subreddit or the discord rather than here.

    One thing I do put a lot by is the state of balance that the devs have started doing each season and the win matrix among the top 2.5% that comes with it as this is the level that the devs balance characters around (bearing in mind this was before the last two reworks).





    In terms of popularity in pick rate amongst the top players she is very low down, 15th with 3.0%. Now going with the win matrix, I would have to say it is more a case of other characters need bringing to a higher level. Bearing in mind that the devs have a target of 45-55% win rate when they look at overall and individual matchups, at high level play, barring one, she falls below that among the rest of the top six but then she is quite a bully among the lower tier heroes.

    You'll get a lot of opinions, I would say a lot of people here will be very much in the negative side of that with a few who know how to play her and read her moves in dissent, personally I don't use her (two reps on xbox, zero on PC which is now my platform for For Honor) and so long as I make sure I have a bit of time against her in the arena, whether in general or against specific mixups, I tend to do well enough with people who play her at my level.
    Yes but those stats are 1v1 season 5 top 2,5% players. I think he is talking about 4v4 where she is really strong especially when she is in team with nobushi, PK, or anyone with bleed or traps those matches is turned into biting jumping contest 😉 also I don't think that 2,5% players is enough to set balance in game it should be at least 10%
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,978
    Originally Posted by Arekonator Go to original post
    Her ganking ability is OP, no question about that. Because you cant revenge out of the bite.
    She is more or less fine otherwise, even though she could use some minor tweaking.
    Oh yes, remove all those Cutscenes! Shaman bite at least is interrupted on any hit. Sickle Rain, Stampede, Crushing Charge, Impale, Demon Embrace, all of them are even worse. Delete this sh*t. Or, at least, interrupt on hit!

    Originally Posted by Darkmight_cz Go to original post
    Yes but those stats are 1v1 season 5 top 2,5% players. I think he is talking about 4v4 where she is really strong especially when she is in team with nobushi, PK, or anyone with bleed or traps those matches is turned into biting jumping contest �� also I don't think that 2,5% players is enough to set balance in game it should be at least 10%
    Uhm, in 4v4 Shaman was at 50.4% Winrate among the Top 4% Dominion Players. Pretty low for an OP Character. Lawbringer, Kensei and Raider are the Dominion Gamebreakers...
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Darkmight_cz's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    203
    Originally Posted by Charmzzz Go to original post
    Oh yes, remove all those Cutscenes! Shaman bite at least is interrupted on any hit. Sickle Rain, Stampede, Crushing Charge, Impale, Demon Embrace, all of them are even worse. Delete this sh*t. Or, at least, interrupt on hit!



    Uhm, in 4v4 Shaman was at 50.4% Winrate among the Top 4% Dominion Players. Pretty low for an OP Character. Lawbringer, Kensei and Raider are the Dominion Gamebreakers...
    Did I said something about OP or winrates? No. Read my first post in this topic 😉 i am saying that she is really strong in 4v4 paired with another char with bleed coz its constant jumping biting contest which is true mate.
    Share this post