🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Developer

Maintenance - July 12th, 2018 [COMPLETE]

Greetings Agents,

The servers will shut down for weekly maintenance on Thursday, July 12th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Thank you,
    The Division Team

Non stop deltas tonight. It was fine during the day

Not played game for about a week. Hopefully i can get on and play but if the delta errors are back no chance

You call it "weekly" maintenance when you go down on Tuesday for maintenance for 1 hour, followed by more (3hr) maintenance this Thursday?

Secondly, 3 hours of maintenance in this (modern) day and age? Imagine that Google, Facebook, Amazon or Ebay go down every week for 4 hours.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Levada2018 Go to original post
    You call it "weekly" maintenance when you go down on Tuesday for maintenance for 1 hour, followed by more (3hr) maintenance this Thursday?

Secondly, 3 hours of maintenance in this (modern) day and age? Imagine that Google, Facebook, Amazon or Ebay go down every week for 4 hours.
    It does seem rather strange in regards to the amount of Downtime/Maintenance that The Division has been having recently,
    I've literally only managed to get on my laptop to go and play after having a couple of months worth of a break from the game. (Not been able to play at all today - So far)

all that i saw that was new in the game was the "Limited Time Only Cache" which i managed to get on the game and grab. now all i'm seeing is maintenance this and that.

Ubisoft no offence, but shouldn't you be upping your game and not downing your gaming lol
     2 people found this helpful

I also find it strange that after all these maintenance activites we stil have that bloody lag...
     2 people found this helpful

Yup... Every week a 3 hour maintenance and they can't even fix one game breaking glitch, which is the showstopper rpm one that ruins the pvp side of the game. That's just a joke, they kept nerfing staff and nerfed nearly everything but hey we'll leave striker OP as the only set to go and fck the remaining 13 gear sets. We got balance now and gear diversity. Let's just make another COD game, we say cronus max players won't be abbusing pop shooting with shotguns anymore, but damn we gave those childish noobs a full auto shotty and keep them happy and will say to the remaining fair playerbase that still cares about the game that we patched this and that... WTF!? Massive wake up and come back to earth!!! You keep talking about Division 2 which isn't even finished yet what is a complete BS as you didn't fixed the 1st one. Learn something, and finish 1st what you have started and don't leave it unfinished, after that start talking / working on a sequel. There are a lot new and fresh players that will very fast leave the train simply after a short time when they'll notice the incompetence from the devs and enter the pvp striker cancer noobstopper cronus max zone on PS4(i mean the DZ, skirmish or LS here of course). I'm here since the beginning but got really enough of the lies and crap that the devs are talking about and presenting. Even on the last SotG while a lot of players were mentioning about changes, glitches etc. Hamish and Peter decided to not say a word about it but they were reading all the comments and looking on them directly but they decided to show some stupid arts and talk about crap. that isn't important or relevant to the real state of the game. Why they can't even say a word about that and keep ignoring this? Why they can't take it on the chest like a real man does and stop being so arrogant and incompetent? Ask those questions yourself Massive and finally do something as the game turned back to 1.3 were we had sentry shotguns everywhere or even worse. FIX IT!!!
     1 people found this helpful

TheJDGuy's Avatar Member
    Wow .. what a great wall of text.
    Paragraphs are pretty useful if you want folks to read your post.

Captain Positive.

Just thought id come say good job, i love the game. so much hate for something that is the pride of so many peoples work. but no one ever says a thing when its positive so here it is. 3-4 hours a week of maintenance is not that big a deal. not in the grand scheme of things. this is a game, one of many im sure we all play, take the time to visit something else for a moment, pick up a game you have been meaning to finish, hell even watch a show or movie or read a book. what ever you do, dont waste the precious time you have complaining voicelessly in to the void that is the internet.

Thank you all for your hard work on the game. I cant wait to see the next one.

The servers are in a variable state of terrible lately. Does the client have to send a network package to the server and receive a reply to be allowed to reload weapons because the reload wait last months is sometimes through the roof and its an issue because you get killed when you cant shoot back. Im not talking not having reload speed on holster issues here.

Dont get me started on all other reload related bugs like old double reload etc in addition and the NPC grenade pre-stagger that was supposedly fixed. But new stuff has appeared which was probably introduced all the way back into restistance that spilled over into Legendary missions is teleportation of NPCs into walls, below ground level and just general magic teleportation and glitching and add that to the 50 mp/h charge attack which can melee 4 agents in one blow (even one on the other side of a cover).. It was riddicolus before but the marathon springing NPCS now is just a parody onto itself. Also a bug where NPCS melees a D3 users shield there is a splash radius downing agents way behind that D3 player sometimes.

This is my favorute game but I do have to say I applaud the poor techs who keeps these servers running and the poor coders who added all that new code ontop of spaghetti code. You see im an ex coder and the lack of transparency in what is actually being done on these server maintenances they starts me to get speculation about what actually is goiing on behind the scene. My suspicions are one of two things, that that server code is so filhty at this point and performes so poorly that you dont even want to go into the specifics of what you are struggling with in public because its an embarrassment and no one either the coders or the sysadmins know truly how to deal with it. Or 2. something ive feared for a while is that you prioritize other games and have installed some kind of throttling QOS router for solving some other problem for other games maybe causing all the problems for division servers.

Whatever the problem may be do you see how not being transparent pisses people very much and gets the speculation going. Look to someone like blizzard and how stable the network performance of Diablo 3 is, that should be like the benchmark for Division 2. Also come clean, even if you have to rant about underlying subsystems or server infrastructure. Tell us how the infrasctucture is for PS4, PC etc, which countries you got servers is. Is there a seperate server for skills etc. Show us just what it takes of infrasctructure to make this whole thing run. In addition I bet like WOW that there would be a lot of people willing to pay for premium server connection monthtly or something like that because most long time gamers know a little about what it takes in the bacground to make this stuff work. Like say I realize a premium server connection shouldnt give you any advantages over non premium, but you should be able to let a clan of 8 players rent like a premium server for raids or something for division 2. just a thought.