What is the most epic/climatic or just plain amazing mission you've flown?

Here's a WIP Idea for a campaign that's long in the works. It's a sort of 1940's "sum of all fears". The idea is that America doesn't enter the war until far too late, and after many years and reinforcement by the Japanese, Germany invades Great Britian after capturing the oil fields in the mid-east.

Strike in the Dark

U.S. YP-80's take off from a carrier in the cover of night and storm to strike secret German nuclear research facilities on the Norwegian coast. This is before War is declared, so the operation must take place swiftly, and quietly. Any losses will result in international incident.

As I said it's a WIP, what I really need is the naval P-80 that can carry strike loadouts for this mission...

Post an Epic mission or idea you have along with a screenshot and a short description.

What is the most epic/climatic or just plain amazing mission you've flown?

Here's a WIP Idea for a campaign that's long in the works. It's a sort of 1940's "sum of all fears". The idea is that America doesn't enter the war until far too late, and after many years and reinforcement by the Japanese, Germany invades Great Britian after capturing the oil fields in the mid-east.

Strike in the Dark

U.S. YP-80's take off from a carrier in the cover of night and storm to strike secret German nuclear research facilities on the Norwegian coast. This is before War is declared, so the operation must take place swiftly, and quietly. Any losses will result in international incident.

As I said it's a WIP, what I really need is the naval P-80 that can carry strike loadouts for this mission...

Post an Epic mission or idea you have along with a screenshot and a short description.

I think my Ghostship mission might fall in that
    category, but it's old news by now for sure..

The mission I chose, of course, revolves around
    a Nazi-Ski-School.. Ivan is on the prowl and has
    decided to "hit the slopes" ...with rockets and
    bombs. Not a complex storyline.. but a complex
    bunch of mission objects.

The trail-map I made is of the actual mountain
    with all possible targets on the mountain, minus
    a couple RSO's that are taking the "extreme"
    nazis to the peak for some fresh powder

This mission and others can be found at our
    JG26 forum, in the "Mission/Skin Downloads" section.
    http://jg26.proboards.com/index.cgi

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    THAT...

THAT is the funniest thing I've seen in IL-2 mission building history! Well done!! What possessed you to build that?

Thanks IceFire

Which one? heh

Shock value I suppose (to answer your question). I like to build missions that make people go "WTF?!"

For example, Time Bandits, Cheech n' Chong, Flash Gordon meets Buck Rogers, a giant skeleton half submerged in the sea.
    ...The list goes on.

Of course I do more serious missions aswell, but my favorites are the jaw droppers

Here's a couple more pics..

Beirut's Avatar Senior Member
    You've got some seriously funky stuff going on there, fella.

Excellent!

Thanks.

Just a tip of the iceberg.

EZ's Downloads

U.S. YP-80's take off from a carrier in the cover of night and storm to strike secret German nuclear research services on the Norwegian coast. This is before War is declared, so the operation need to take area swiftly, and quietly. Any losses will end result in global incident.