The Division 2 Crossplay between pc and console?

I think that a crossplay feature would be a great addition to The Divison 2, atleast in coop campaign missions as this doesnt affect other players and it will make the campaign more enjoyable when playing with friends from other platforms. I understand that ps4 and Xbox1 crossplay currently isnt an option and i doubt that this will change in the near future but i also think that a crossplay system similiar to fortnite`s would work in The Divison 2 Dark Zone. PC players will almost always be at a advantage when playing against console players but if you have a for example a ps4 and you want to play with someone on a PC then i think that you should have the option to do so as long as you are playing against PC players. I dont think that it would be a good idea to mix PC and console players all the time but only when you are in a lobby with someone from an other platform and you realise that you will be put in a disadvantage if your on a console and you have a PC player in your group. Thank you for reading this thread and i hope that you can come with arguements for or against Crossplay and it will be interesting to see what other people think about the topic.
     2 people found this helpful

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    GoW4 at cross-play between PC and Xbox and it was a pain. It was obvious that PC had and advantage in all game modes.

's Avatar Senior Member
    PvE cross play would be sweeeeet, but I doubt it is something they are even considering.

Also, +1 to Trippul.

xxFratosxx's Avatar Senior Member
    I think cross-play should be consider for PvE and PvP but leave it as an optional for the player. i can't say every PC player will go out they way to be at an advantage but some are legit like my friends. Especially with PS4 players that doesn't own Xbox but has PC. Great suggestion.
     1 people found this helpful

joelsantos24's Avatar Senior Member
    Wasn't there another Thread about this topic?

But no, I would never play a game with cross-play between PC and PS4. In fact, if such proceedings are set as default in TD2, I simply won't buy the game. I already have my reservations about PS4 and X1 cross-play, but between PS4 and PC, it's completely out of the question.

Also, people are talking about a new set of peripherals coming to the X1, which would put it on parity with PC playability, so that would definitely be a no to PS4-X1 cross-play as well.

Not only no, but hell no, it is bad enough with mouse and keyboard users on console, we dont need to add a system that relies on mouse and keyboard.

I didnt suggest that it would be default but only if a console player joins a pc group to play with friends and they will play against other groups of pc or pc and console players in the DZ. then there is the option to play with friends on other platforms without console players having to play against players on a pc. the players who doesnt want to play against other platforms could simply not join a group with other platforms before playing but if you do want that you would be put at a disadvantage. for me its worth it to be at a disadvantage to play with friends but if its not for you or you have your friends on the same console then it wouldnt be forced upon you with a system like this.

AdmiralLW's Avatar Banned
    No and multiple times NO! cross play is sub-standard. CONsole itself is sub-standard. and no PC ain't master race. PC HW is overpriced out dated junk as well.

Trippul G's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AdmiralLW Go to original post
    CONsole itself is sub-standard. and no PC ain't master race. PC HW is overpriced out dated junk as well.
    Soooooo…what do YOU play on, then? Switch? Mac OS? Commodore 64?
     7 people found this helpful