Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager

Introducing the Lobby Browser

Hello everybody!

A little while ago, we announced that a new Lobby Browser system would be coming to Far Cry Arcade.

Since the announcement was made, you have understandably been eager for more information. As we approach the deployment of the next title update, we can tell you that the Lobby Browser is ready; the wait is almost over!

To get you ready for its upcoming release, we thought we’d explain in more detail how it is going to work.

In a recent patch, we updated Far Cry Arcade’s layout. We introduced a new “Multiplayer Lobbies” panel, which currently invites you to enter a password to enter a corresponding private lobby.

After Title Update 8, this panel will direct you to an entirely new section:

There it is - the Lobby Browser! Accessing this panel will call up a list of all active multiplayer lobbies that can be joined, along with:

• The name of the host
    • The number of players currently in the lobby
    • The status of the lobby (public or private)
    • The lobby’s ping

You can scroll through the entire list and join whichever lobby you like! The lobbies will look a little something like this:

Private lobbies still work under the password system that you are all used to.

However, after Title Update 8, you will have the option to add a password to public lobbies as well. Anyone with this password can use the “Join with Password” option to join the lobby without having to find it in the list.

And there you have it: the new Lobby Browser system in a nutshell! We hope you are as excited about this restructuring as we are, and invite you to try it out and let us know what you think when Title Update 8 drops this Thursday.

All the best,
    The Far Cry Community Team
     45 people found this helpful

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    AWESOME big thanks to the dev team. when we create a lobby, what hosting options do we have like map selections?
     4 people found this helpful

Nice to see server browser and hosting options for public or private. Shame though seems a bit to little to late. Should of been here day 1. Most of the campaign buyers conquered the game and tried multiplayer months back and wasn't appealing to most. Most mappers took a break or moved on. Also still need new game modes and respawning vehicles. This is what happens when companies don't listen to the consumers.

We been ignored since day 1 of FAR CRY3. Should of patched in public hosting for that game as well back then. 1 map private was horrible. FAR CRY 4 didn't even have multiplayer map editor. Curious how many are on board for FAR CRY6. Doubt I cough up another $60 for a game when the company doesn't do anything right in the franchise since FAR CRY2.
     11 people found this helpful

Wowzers! This will mean I can find players who are interested in looking to test new maps or at least play more than just Shovel Dodgers! Thanks for the great update team!
     2 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Thank you this sounds great but I have a question.
    Previously we had the host of a private lobby selecting the maps then the last update made it so even in a private room (via password) people still got picked to choose maps.

Please tell me that with this new system that crap has gone and the actual person / Host will select all the maps ?
    That way people in the room can message or ask for maps to be played should the host want to play them.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaguchi's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ Go to original post
    Nice to see server browser and hosting options for public or private. Shame though seems a bit to little to late. Should of been here day 1. Most of the campaign buyers conquered the game and tried multiplayer months back and wasn't appealing to most. Most mappers took a break or moved on. Also still need new game modes and respawning vehicles. This is what happens when companies don't listen to the consumers.

We been ignored since day 1 of FAR CRY3. Should of patched in public hosting for that game as well back then. 1 map private was horrible. FAR CRY 4 didn't even have multiplayer map editor. Curious how many are on board for FAR CRY6. Doubt I cough up another $60 for a game when the company doesn't do anything right in the franchise since FAR CRY2.
    With pretty much ANY company, changes can't be INSTANTLY applied as soon as feedback is provided. Its simply not possible due to many factors including the time and skills of those who would actually do the coding and implementation of this into the games.

Not sure how you can say "we been ignored since day 1 of Far Cry 3" when the community were vocally opposed to the initial lobby system to which we did LISTEN and MAKE changes as requested.

Things aren't always perfect from the get go, But what we DO pride ourselves on is at least trying to make the best experience for our players and our fan base. If we didn't we wouldn't be putting out these title updates
     7 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Swaguchi Go to original post
    With pretty much ANY company, changes can't be INSTANTLY applied as soon as feedback is provided. Its simply not possible due to many factors including the time and skills of those who would actually do the coding and implementation of this into the games.

Not sure how you can say "we been ignored since day 1 of Far Cry 3" when the community were vocally opposed to the initial lobby system to which we did LISTEN and MAKE changes as requested.

Things aren't always perfect from the get go, But what we DO pride ourselves on is at least trying to make the best experience for our players and our fan base. If we didn't we wouldn't be putting out these title updates
    We gave feed back since end of FAR CRY 2. I doubt 1 map private hosting wasn't on any mappers wish list for FAR CRY 3 for map hosting. I sure didn't like that idea. I quit that game first month. Waste of $60. That was the first bridge UBISOFT burned. FAR CRY 4 I didn't buy till the tail end when it was dirt cheap. Still no multiplayer map editor was a slap in the face yet again to mappers. FAR CRY 5 bombed day 1. Also all us weren't happy about 6vs6 either. Also TDM and DM was lame first week.

Also no respawning vehicles. We said all this first day and months before MARCH 27 release date besides then we were preaching before the announcement of the announcement way before games released. We knew then a public lobby and random pick 3 picks and room votes was a joke day1. I hated the idea of 6vs6 when FAR CRY 5 was announced.

Should of just gave us a remastered FAR CRY 2 and this new map editor and we all would of been tickled pink with legit lobbies day 1 with 8vs8 and respawning vehicles. Now its to little to late. Ya tainted the community. Most moved on. Today was the first I check back here in almost a week or so. Most my friends didn't bother buying this game since FAR CRY 3 and 4 bombed.

Respect ubi corporation, great job
    thank you!
     3 people found this helpful

Awesome! Appreciate the work you folks put in to make this happen and thanks for finally listening to our feedback.

Very nice! It's took a while but let's see if it's working as expected by the community.

Btw, it seems only extra game modes left to make this game great again. (maybe 4 players co-op as well)

I would like to say thanks, but let's see it tomorrow.
     4 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►