Switching platforms between Div1 and 2 and Shields

Hello there dear developers and fellow gamers.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one, I've playd The Division 1 on ps4 and got to the end game, lvl 30, 291 gear score, and will probably get all the shields. I'll probably play The Division 2 on Xbox tho because I want to play with my brother, ..I'm sure there are also some gamers that will switch to PC from ps4 or to PC from xbox, when switching from The Division 1 to 2..

So I'd like to take this special time in history and time and ask you to take this into consideration. The Division 1 is a great game and I've spent a lot of hours on it, the idea of the Shields and the cosmetic items that will be unlock on The Division 2, marking the effort that was put into The Division 1 is realy, marvelous. So if you could make your support team able to make this switch, unlocking the cosmetic items on The Division 2 on xbox, even tho I playd The Division 1 on ps4, (or for other platforms for other gamers), that'd be great.

Thank you

Pick up the Division on the console of your choice while it is on sale. I just got the gold edition on PC during E3 for $18. Got 2k hours on Xbox and thinking about going to PC for Div2. With 8 months still to go nows a good time to switch. Having fun on PC starting over.

I am in the same boat. I played it on the ps4 pro and obtained every piece of gear and got my commendation score over 5000. Started to think about moving to the Xbox 1x since it's a stronger console and well I paid for it so might as well use it. Found the gold edition on sale and bought it. Got to level 30 before the GE and had my 4 shields. I am going to try to get them on both consoles so whatever I end up doing I am covered. However, it would be great if they tied the shields to your ubisoft account. That way if you change platforms or you play on multiple platforms, you can be rewarded for all the time invested.

I would like to know this too. I’m going from Xbox to PC

AdmiralLW's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Blkandwhtknight Go to original post
    Pick up the Division on the console of your choice while it is on sale. I just got the gold edition on PC during E3 for $18. Got 2k hours on Xbox and thinking about going to PC for Div2. With 8 months still to go nows a good time to switch. Having fun on PC starting over.
    And you doing this isn't anti-consumer?

or how are you spitting into your own face.

Originally Posted by AdmiralLW Go to original post
    And you doing this isn't anti-consumer?

or how are you spitting into your own face.
    Not quite sure how getting the gold edition for $18 is anti-consumer. If you want to switch, switch. I have 106 hours on PC now and have 4 classified sets, clearing any content in the game. I have all exotics and most of the shields done already. I'm at 2350 commendation so I need about 650 to go. If you know what you are doing starting over on a new platform is easy. Was bored on Xbox, and having fun now on PC so I'm not seeing the problem. I guess it would be nice if the shields were account wide, but it's hardly anti-consumer.

UbiAmper's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Danr490 Go to original post
    So if you could make your support team able to make this switch, unlocking the cosmetic items on The Division 2 on xbox, even tho I playd The Division 1 on ps4, (or for other platforms for other gamers), that'd be great.
    This will be possible, yes. Specific information as to how this will work is TBA, but you guys should be good to go.

Is there any new information on this yet? I'm curious if it's possible to split the shield progress and still have it count? e.g. 6 shields completed on PC, 6 on PS4.

Any news on this ?!?!