joridiculous's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiMatcha Go to original post
    Hey Eovchar,

The workaround you followed is not advised as changing the game files goes against the Code of Conduct and can incur into sanction.
    We also can not recommend workarounds not verified by game teams.
    FIX the GAME and stop blaming the community when they fix it for you.
    Also i would really love to see what type of sanctions and for what grounds, you can do to people using a file ubi have released.
     1 people found this helpful

If you talk about sanctions, then how about compensation for us, cause we cant play the for almost two months now.

And tech. support is awful - I spent HOURS multiple times re-downloading, re-installing it, moving it from one HDD to another, re-installing C++ libraries. And none of them mentioned that problem is with one single file. It would be much more better if in the begging they would just told me - "Ok, we are aware of the issue and doing our best to fix it ASAP, please be pantioned and wait". But NO! All of them advised to do some stupid steps on which I wasted my time. And multiple times they told me, that they are escalatining my case further. I mean my case was already escalated like two weeks ago and now someone is telling me - "Ok, I am going to escalate your case". It has been already escalated! It's like they don't think and don't read just CTRL+C > CTRL+V.

I think I found a fix

Hi, after 2 weeks of chatting with the Ubisoft support I was able to find a fix that worked for me:
    1- Reinstall all the Microsoft visual c++ and .NET Framework, if you have already done it before, you don't need to do it again.
    NOTE: if you have installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017" remove it and don't reinstall it.
    2- Run the "cmd" as admin and execute the command "sfc /scannow" following this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system
    3- Do a clean install of the GPU drivers
    4- uninstall Uplay without uninstalling The Crew 2 because it will only waste your time
    5- install the lastest version of Uplay
    6- right-click the Uplay shortcut and click "open file path", go to "games/The Crew 2" and remove the BattlEye folder.
    7- open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files" and rename the BattlEye folder in BattlEye.old
    8- open "C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local" and rename the BattlEye folder in BattlEye.old
    9- open Uplay as admin and check the game files, this will download the BattleEye files deleted in step 6
    10- Run the game, you'll be asked to restart the pc, do it.
    11- Open the game and you shuld be able to play.
    That worked for me but I can't guarantee that this will fix your game.

Ubi-Mullac's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Gabriele.00 Go to original post
    Hi, after 2 weeks of chatting with the Ubisoft support I was able to find a fix that worked for me:
    1- Reinstall all the Microsoft visual c++ and .NET Framework, if you have already done it before, you don't need to do it again.
    NOTE: if you have installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017" remove it and don't reinstall it.
    2- Run the "cmd" as admin and execute the command "sfc /scannow" following this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system
    3- Do a clean install of the GPU drivers
    4- uninstall Uplay without uninstalling The Crew 2 because it will only waste your time
    5- install the lastest version of Uplay
    6- right-click the Uplay shortcut and click "open file path", go to "games/The Crew 2" and remove the BattlEye folder.
    7- open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files" and rename the BattlEye folder in BattlEye.old
    8- open "C:\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local" and rename the BattlEye folder in BattlEye.old
    9- open Uplay as admin and check the game files, this will download the BattleEye files deleted in step 6
    10- Run the game, you'll be asked to restart the pc, do it.
    11- Open the game and you shuld be able to play.
    That worked for me but I can't guarantee that this will fix your game.
    Thanks for sharing, I can confirm that this has helped a bunch of people in the past, and is a good idea to try

Solved: The Crew 2 crushed after entering the game.

I have played the game since betas, and no problems other than an ocational freezing screen. And yesterday after a few hours playing the game starting to crush every time with a black screeen (whith the LIVE logo loading) then exits itself back to the desktop (no error message) after a few seconds passing the title screeen and starting playing.

The solution: replace the Battleeye server file provided by the message I'm replying.

-Thanks to the comunity-

Issue Solved: The Crew 2 crushed after entering the game.

I have played the game since betas, and no problems other than an ocational freezing screen. And yesterday after a few hours playing the game starting to crush every time with a black screeen (whith the LIVE logo loading) then exits itself back to the desktop (no error message) after a few seconds passing the title screeen and starting playing.

The solution: replace the Battleeye server file provided by the message I'm replying.

-Thanks to the comunity-

you didn't send it

Originally Posted by UbiMatcha Go to original post
    Hey Eovchar,

The workaround you followed is not advised as changing the game files goes against the Code of Conduct and can incur into sanction.
    We also can not recommend workarounds not verified by game teams.
    If the UBI of the con artist says so, please fix it sooner

Just a quick note: The patch 1.1.0 from September 25th finally fixed the problem for me. All the BattlEye files got an update and now I can get past the main menu easily. In fact I just played a whole hour without any problems.