Steve Hello, quick question about memory budget.

House Large Senior Budget is 123,000 and the biggest budget for Generic Shapes Walls is 60. So, if a large house budget is over 100,000 and the house has say 30 walls, 10 platforms for floor and ceiling with some windows and doors if i make a large house out of Generic shapes walls like spend 5000 budget on 80 walls at 60 a piece if I had texture to a generic shape wall does the budget get bigger like add metal texture to 60 budget generic shape wall it turns to 2000 budget or add woof it turns to 1300 budget or does it stay at 60?.

Also we need Large Ceder Hedges in the texture painter like most mansions have 20 foot high hedges 70 feet wide lol Nature only has 3 like 2 foot by 3 feet hedges that take up a lot of budget if you try to fill up a sidewalk I assume because they animate to catch on fire.

Also is there a list of all of the textures with pictures in the list.farcry.info site and I don't think I saw a list a paint vegetation with screenshot?.

Almost forgot, lol how much memory budget can Ps4 arcade map hold like 20 million or something, and how big is an arcade map compared to the main game map for width and length in arcade we can build up for 5 times the map and how many gigabytes would a max budget arcade map be if you bought it as a disk in stores.

add wood not woof lol typo, if we make a house out of generic shapes the same size as a 100, 000 budget house in far cry 5 assets will it be like 20, 000 budget as 200 generic shapes or will changing the textures from default to wood or metal make the house animate as a 100,000 budget house like the FC5 assets?.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    The most costly assets are generally so-called "grouped" objects; a collection of multiple assets. In case of a house, it's usually the base house (a group of rooms), plus internal decoration (tables, kitchen, chairs, etc). Each object may have it's own memory budget cost, probably mostly determined by it's use of model, effects (particles/lights) and materials (textures).

A furnished house is most expensive. So an empty house is easier on the budget. Likewise, generic objects with only a standard texture should be among the cheapest, budget-wise. But changing it to an other texture may increase the memory cost. But AFAIK that is only on an internal technical level, it possibly isn't counted by the editor budget mechanic.

Re-using the same materials (textures) in an area should have less of an impact on the memory budget. Some objects use some same textures, so you yourself can't accurately calculate an "expected memory budget hit" just from my list. I only mention the budget cost to say that in an empty map, that object will affect the memory budget in that order of size. It's just to help people estimate budget consequence of using specific objects.

Thanks again for all of the effort you put into the search list Steve.

I'd probably be two maps behind in creating with out it.
     1 people found this helpful

Updated objects to Title Update 9. Check here to see the new objects!
    Note: this Title Update marks the addition of a search on the console editor! YAY! \/

Updated objects to Title Update 10. Check here to see what's new!
    Note: this Title Update marks the addition of SCRIPTING in the editor! WOOHOO! \/

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    Updated objects to Title Update 10. Check here to see what's new!
    Note: this Title Update marks the addition of SCRIPTING in the editor! WOOHOO! \/
    Steve those items (bushes and grass) that are listed as changed, in what way have they changed? ive used those plenty in my desolation map i hope ubi haven't messed them up.

HOLY SH!!!!!!!!TTTTTT- blood dragon, destrux, alien ai, AWWWWWSSSOMME!!!!!!! im literally freaking out atm, so glad I did not pub yet too... and scripting!
    ive not scripted since 2000's time splitters xbox and ms office power point pc!! THIS IS SOOOOOO EPIK!!! been waiting 18 years for this on console....

TO ALL @ UBI TEAM - U KIK A$$ and I'm soo proud to be able to use your platform for my art.
    level up yall get ready for the BIG LEAGUES!!
    look at all my old posts... I kept the faith and here we all are!!

Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER Go to original post
    Steve those items (bushes and grass) that are listed as changed, in what way have they changed? ive used those plenty in my desolation map i hope ubi haven't messed them up.
    Whoops, that was a bug with caching on my end, they should be in again now.

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    Whoops, that was a bug with caching on my end, they should be in again now.
    Ok thanks, i was starting to get concerned that ubi had switched those bushes for something else. i spent two months hand placing those bushes all over my desolatiom map. i got burned out on that map with adding all that small detail.