18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regurlarly unfeature older maps from now on

11 61.11%
  • Keep the list increasing every week

7 38.89%
    PanettoniUBI's Avatar Community Developer

We Want Your Opinion – Unfeaturing Arcade Maps

Hello everyone,

Every week we’ve been adding around 9 maps to the Arcade Feature list.
    However, as the weeks go by, the list is getting bigger and bigger.
    Right now there are almost 100 maps featured on every platform!

In one hand, having a big list means having a lot of different options to play.
    But, on the other side, it can also be more challenging to find and play new maps, making it harder for you to try something fresh.

That being said, we can either keep the list growing or start regularly unfeaturing older maps that are featured for over 2 months.
    Because the featured maps are your creations, we want to know what you prefer!

So, should we:

1. Regurlarly unfeature older maps from now on;
    2. Keep the list increasing every week.

[Please answer this question by voting on the poll above]

Your opinion is always very important to us and we want to make sure we can keep improving Arcade together!
    Thanks for your support and passion!

The Far Cry Community team

SkullyNYC's Avatar Member
    I vote for unfeaturing older maps. keep it fresh!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by PanettoniUBI Go to original post
    In one hand, having a big list means having a lot of different options to play.
    But, on the other side, it can also be more challenging to find and play new maps, making it harder for you to try something fresh.
    Aren't new featured maps already on the top of the list ?

If people are not even able to browse through what's available (because maybe they are lasy ?) then forget it, unfeaturing will be the first choice.

I'm mainly talking about single/coop maps here, if someone is new to Far Cry 5 then it might be good for them to have a great list of choices to start with.

Can't you just have the best of both worlds and set up a new category: in the lobby: "previous featured maps/classic user made maps" and unfeature maps in your current "play suggested maps" ?

TwistedMrBlack's Avatar Member

A Vote for Unfeaturing

Yeah, I say keep it fresh as well. Unfeature and rotate. 2 months is plenty of time to save a map to your favorites if you really like it. Plus it gives map makers a chance to have their newer works featured and seen by the community.

- on a side note: It would be nice if the Favoriting process were streamlined. Maybe a prompt after you've voted to like a map that asks if you would like it added to your favorites? But to be clear, only if you actually voted to like it. Something automatic like that will really help people use the favorite maps feature more effectively. I'll post this suggestion in it's own thread.

Thanks for asking us for our feedback on this!

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    I think this really depends on how players (want to) play the Arcade, and how possible new players approach the game.

As-is now:
    • The SP screen is divided into 4 options: 1/3 Quickplay FEATURED (default), 1/3 Quickplay TOP RATED, 1/3 Quickplay UNRATED Arcade Hero+Browse Maps.
    • The MP screen has 2 options to play: 1/3 Quickplay SUGGESTED, 1/3 Quickplay UNRATED (=Arcade Hero). The remaining 1/3 Browse Maps doesn't let you play.

Let's say the 'Featured Map' pool will only contain 2 months (9x8 weeks=72 maps). Dividing this 50/50 over SP and MP, this means that 33% of the SP screen will be allocated to offer a random pick from 36 maps. Only having 36 maps means that there's a high chance of the same maps being picked again. Why would players want that, especially in SP? To me it feels weird to further restrict the effectiveness of the featured maps by limiting this category, although from a 'feature' definition, it makes sense to have it temporary.

Yes, playing unplayed (new) featured maps should have priority over older ones. But getting duplicate maps served to play in the same play session really is a downer. And this has been my experience with Arcade so far already; the "play another map" should really give something new to play!

In general, it pains me to see that managing/recommending UGC doesn't have a higher priority in Arcade. In-game it should be possible to automatically have maps from favorited/followed map makers queued, or have maps recommended by your friends. I'd say players don't want to spend their time on the Arcade website to manually check and add maps to their favorites, they want to start the game and play (new) maps they're interested in.

But that's another topic. For now, NO on the unfeaturing maps for me. Even though I would pick YES if the interface had been designed differently.

Do away with old ubisoft maps. The only reason far cry 5 is better then call of duty is because of new maps. Also add a map pick for published only maps in arcade hero people who play arcade hero like created maps but also want to test theres out too.
     1 people found this helpful

I 100% agree with with Unfeaturing maps, and make SHOVEL DODGERS your first choice.

People seem to overlook the New Lobby Browser coming soon . Since I am under the impression we will be able to host our own maps. Their is really no reason to Feature any more maps at all .

Yes gamers still need featured maps to get the trophy. My suggestion is cut down the featured to 1 page , and leave the most popular. Even if that means shovel Dodgers. Stop featuring maps all together . Call it Finished!!! On to the next project.

Because With the power of hosting our own maps Featuring maps is no longer needed. Good quality maps will spread faster now , and get played more. Trust me people will know when the next big map comes out.

Now The Team can focus on making the lobby browser the best experience possible improving it , and maybe even add A new game mode like Capture The Flag like Everyone wants.

Live Events will fade away as well , and then you guys can put all your focus, and resources into the Arcade.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    I would estimate approx 75% of the featured maps are not good enough to be shown as elite maps.

I don't want to cause anyone grief or want to cause trouble but my opinion is that the best of the best should be on there and if they are good enough then they should stay on the list.
    Lots of maps have little issues that could easily be fixed with updated but I believe Featured maps don't get updated ?

Some of the current multiplayer maps IMO are quite damaging to Arcade because they get picked so often it is turning some players away so there is clearly differences in what people want to play.

If you were running servers I would say one for the kids and run one for those who want to play competitively.
    This might not go down well but I see a lot of community map builders making some amazing stuff but it appears not to be seen and some of the featured maps I wonder why they have been picked so the question is this - Does Ubisoft do a good enough job in showcasing some of the top end map builders work and unfortunately that answer is No they don't unfortunately.

The huge problem you have are maps like Shovel Dodgers it is possibly the most downloaded / most played map on console and at the same time most hated - in some ways I wish that were never featured along with some of the others.

Could be a god idea to find some quality maps that play well and will give players a good test with options for different play styles and try to find a way to showcase playable maps and novelty maps differently because with featured there is very little that stands out where I would want to play it over and over - there are some quality maps but not enough.

I think what I am trying to say is if you look at Far Cry 3 on PC which is 6 years old there are still good numbers playing SOME of the multiplayer maps so a map such as Hollow Town from Far Cry Instincts was a classic - with Far Cry 5 we have no Classics yet mostly because it's too damn hard to play our maps together.

I would hate to look back and see Shovel Dodgers or some of the others talked about as Classic maps on FC5.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by player3069 Go to original post
    Because With the power of hosting our own maps Featuring maps is no longer needed.
    You're forgetting SP maps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►