Centurion has to be reworked.

The character is genuinely broken, he's just not fair to play against. He's a cancer on this game even when he's trash tier. You guys have done a lot of good **** to improve the game and I'm hyped for the chinese faction. But the fact that you've allowed him to remain playable without a rework is ridiculous. Right now he's either the most enraging OP character to play against, or he's a squeaky toy that wrestles enemies around until they kill him, which is not fun to play. If you're trying to keep new players you gotta rework this dude. The fact that he has "cinematics" should tip you off to the fact his kit is poorly designed, no one in this community says cinematics lovingly. I feel like anyone who thought it through would realize how bad that design choice was. I get to sip my drink for 40 seconds while my dude gets trashed on? With nothing I can ****ing do? Lol.
    Temporarily remove him, and rework him.
    It will probably have to be a full kit rework, which sucks and makes you look bad, I get why you don't want to. But this is where you do the grown up and respectable thing, and admit you ****ed up. Which you guys have a serious issue with, even when you had to release the servers you didn't admit you ****ed up. "Oh it took us a while to get this technology" yet miraculously happens after you guys hit your all time low of 1k players.
    I'm going to list some potential changes I think would be a good starting point for discussion, chime in and maybe they will listen. And I'll be the first one to admit that reworking heroes is not easy. But it needs to happen. I'll edit in more ideas as I come up with them, as well as any good responses (if you guys respond at all).
    - If his core design is to capitalize on mistakes, then make sure that his combos and cinematics are hard as **** to pull off.
    - He needs less openers, again if you commit to the design of "punish the **** out of any little mistake" then he needs literally 0 openers. Does it make the turtle meta worse? Yes. But it would temporarily make centurion more fair.
    - Add a new mechanic to the game! This is what I've been wanting the most out of new characters. You guys are recycling the same mechanics, flex your creative muscles and add some new ****! Could you imagine how hyped the community would be? It's why I didn't mind shinobi (even if he was OP), he had new mechanics and his insane mobility made him really fun to play.
    Sorry for the wall of text; also that it's a bit rambly, I might come back and clean it up a bit later. Also feel free to give me tips against centurion. I would also like to add that I don't think Centurion is unbeatable, but his gameplay is not fun to play against. It's like teemo in LoL, no one likes dying to cheap tactics, really devalues the time you've put into getting good at the game.

"if his core design is to capitalize on mistakes..." His cutscene combo is already difficult to access. The only possible way you can make it even harder to get to is if you moved his jabs knock down effect behind someone having to be out of stamina.

"he needs less openers..." He doesn't have any consistent opener. Kick is easily dodged by any player who has decent time into the game. His jab can only come after a heavy if it lands or is blocked and anyone can dodge that pretty easily. And his unblockable heavy only comes at the end of a combo.

"add a new mechanic..." K but what would you add?

You're right that he's broken. But i'd rather say he's more flawed than broken. Because broken means not working as intended. Or misused to mean something is basically op. And nothing about centurion is OP. The damage he's capable of dishing (feats not included) is the same any other hero can. Especially when considering max punishes. The only difference with centurion is he has access to a higher than average damage punish of his cutscene combo in a broader perspective. Doesn't mean he lands it more often. Just means he potentially can.

The developers introduced him as a "turtle breaker." But this not only didn't happen but he also was the best turtle for a significant period of time. This is because his kick isn't as good at getting chip damage in like warlords headbutt or conq's forward bash. Jab is never guaranteed outside of pin and because centurion can't punish a dodge from either someone avoiding his kick or jab he fails at opening the person like a turtle cracker should. And finally even though it's not hard to get to his heavy finisher it doesn't do a good job at being a cracker because It becoming unblockable means he's committed. Meaning a person can just wait to dodge/parry it without fear of the centurion doing something if they try to react.

The issue is further compounded by the fact that IF by some divine intervention he manages to actually land anything on someone he becomes a big threat. Because being able to constantly suppress your stamina and get consistent 25+ chunk damage on someone means every little mistake you make ends up being a big one. I have gone on record before stating I'd be fine if his punish game was severely nerfed. So long as the rest of his kit actually became the "turtle cracker" "mix up intensive" hero he was advertised as.

Problem is though the OG roster in-arguably needs more attention. And some of the reworks they've already done still require more attention. Plus the devs have said they're only reworking the OG roster for the time being. meaning we likely won't see DLC hero reworks for awhile if ever.
     1 people found this helpful

I'm sorry but I see knight all over these forums telling kids to gitgud. I'm not going to insult him personally but he's clearly invested in defending the cent at all costs. Either he's a secret ubi employee or totally full of S. He claims he's a rep 6 cent as his highest toon and he's only rank 20 something.

Something doesn't add up with his claim of ability, his rank and vehement defense of the cent. Knight you're always telling people how good you are and how they need to l2p.

Please post some unedited ranked vids of you in duels so we can see how good you are.

Originally Posted by bannex19 Go to original post
    I'm sorry but I see knight all over these forums telling kids to gitgud. I'm not going to insult him personally but he's clearly invested in defending the cent at all costs. Either he's a secret ubi employee or totally full of S. He claims he's a rep 6 cent as his highest toon and he's only rank 20 something.

Something doesn't add up with his claim of ability, his rank and vehement defense of the cent. Knight you're always telling people how good you are and how they need to l2p.

Please post some unedited ranked vids of you in duels so we can see how good you are.
    If you're going to talk about me then say it to my face. Don't talk about my in third person like i'm not here and then sneak in a direct @me in the last bit. Regardless of my attitude on the forums or not you behaving this way isn't any better.

Second pick up some ****ing glasses. If you actually read my post to this specific thread you will not see anywhere in it that i'm telling the guy to get good. You're just using my presence in the thread to hop up on a soap box and attack me. If you got a problem with me then pm me like an adult. Don't start **** in a thread.

Third please ****ing explain to me how my post AT ALL is defending Centurions current kit/playstyle. No seriously. I am curious.

Fourth. What exactly doesn't add up about me being rep 22/23 and only rep 6 on my centurion? I only duel. Do you have ANY IDEA how SLOW it is to rank up in duels? It was only recent that the contract orders were made so simplistic that I could realistically complete 3-4 of them everytime they referesh (not counting daily orders.)

Finally why the **** would I upload any RANKED footage? No one ****ing plays ranked. Why? because it's flawed to ****. And if you spent even half the time you spent writing this pathetic attempt to attack me and make me look bad on the internet looking into ranked mode you'd know why no one plays it.

Seriously grow up. It's ****ing pathetic.

Clearly I'm talking to you. Sorry for striking a nerve. Nothing was snuck in. I've read countless posts from you on every nerf cent even pre nerf claiming they suck and don't need a nerf. I've seen tons of paragraphs from you going in depth about how good you are but you're only rank 20 something. You even comment on 4v4 stuff so clearly you don't only duel.

This is clear in defending cent by saying his kit is easily predictable and relatively ineffective if you have the basest of reflexes. The fact is they're tremendously hard to deal with if you make one mistake. Sure they're noob stompers but reality is when people claim high tier they're garbage they're talking about removing all realistic variables like lag, input, fps drops and other things that happen to normal people. To fight at the "high tier" you need to have a system and a connection customized to the performance of this game.

I'm not saying you're not good nor am I trying to"make you look bad "I'm just asking you to back up your claims.

The best part of the Internet is people will type and say things they would NEVER say to a person in real life. It allows people to act/feel like they are more intelligent/tough than they actually are. It allows people to point out what they think is wrong with other people and ignore other people's opinions. It allows them to make very generalized opinions on someone with practically 0 knowledge of who that person is.

Ubi-Boat's Avatar Ubisoft Staff
    Hey all!

With tempers starting to flare, I am going to go ahead and close this thread to keep this personal dispute from going any further. Discussing the game and its mechanics are fine, but there is no reason to start talking about another user personally. This is not the place for that. Thank you all for understanding.