🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Skull & bones forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    2 questions

    two questions I have can you or can you not join portguise or EITC and if you can a pirate ally with that that player in the portguise and or EITC
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    There's currently no indication that you can "join" any AI factions (including the Portuguese and the East India Company). You may be able to take actions that will influence those factions' behavior, but based on what we know it's impossible (and unlikely to ever be possible) to join the "imperial" factions of the game.

    One possible thought is whether or not it will ever be possible to work for imperial factions as a privateer, even if you don't join them outright, but no news has been provided on the subject of privateering.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Stainless001's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    180
    Originally Posted by SkullKid0 Go to original post
    two questions I have can you or can you not join portguise or EITC and if you can a pirate ally with that that player in the portguise and or EITC
    Just for clarification, there has been no indication from the Development team at any point to indicate that you'll be able to interact with a nation or faction in-game (like the East India Trading Company) other than taking their loot through piracy.

    Anything otherwise is of course speculation.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4

    RE:

    Originally Posted by SkullKid0 Go to original post
    two questions I have can you or can you not join portguise or EITC and if you can a pirate ally with that that player in the portguise and or EITC
    same question I have too
    Share this post

  5. #5
    ballon009's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    570
    Originally Posted by SaintLandwalker Go to original post
    There's currently no indication that you can "join" any AI factions (including the Portuguese and the East India Company). You may be able to take actions that will influence those factions' behavior, but based on what we know it's impossible (and unlikely to ever be possible) to join the "imperial" factions of the game.

    One possible thought is whether or not it will ever be possible to work for imperial factions as a privateer, even if you don't join them outright, but no news has been provided on the subject of privateering.
    Ah saltbringer your here, good to see you on the forums, we rarely see you discord people…


    1) as he said, there was no indication you could join an AI faction, despite it logically making sense. We have had speculative suggestions on the forums of some factions we would want to join- I proposed the priest faction sometime in 2020. I know others have as well.

    Based of all footage we have, only players have factions, although AI do have factions, it was not explicitly stated that we can join them, but it was implied we can take over their ships


    PS- it’s a good idea thou
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by ballon009 Go to original post
    Ah saltbringer your here, good to see you on the forums, we rarely see you discord people…


    1) as he said, there was no indication you could join an AI faction, despite it logically making sense. We have had speculative suggestions on the forums of some factions we would want to join- I proposed the priest faction sometime in 2020. I know others have as well aperfectshinedetailing.

    Based of all footage we have, only players have factions, although AI do have factions, it was not explicitly stated that we can join them, but it was implied we can take over their ships


    PS- it’s a good idea thou
    No doubt, it's a good idea.
    Share this post