Bladewolf-'s Avatar Member
    Now watch that get deleted but at least it was seen.

Ubi-Swaguchi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for reporting this (both here and to our CS teams). We are looking to fix this ASAP, but to help us, if you experienced this issue can you give us some more information, in particular the following

1) - What you did before they had the crash.
    2) - What percentage of progression you had before you encountered the crash.
    3) - Any other information you can provide us, (weapon you were using, error messages, etc)

If you have screenshots or a video that is appreciated also!!

Thanks again for your assistance

Originally Posted by Ubi-Swaguchi Go to original post
    Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for reporting this (both here and to our CS teams). We are looking to fix this ASAP, but to help us, if you experienced this issue can you give us some more information, in particular the following

3) - Any other information you can provide us, (weapon you were using, error messages, etc)

If you have screenshots or a video that is appreciated also!!

Thanks again for your assistance

Just finished the previous story mission. Started "Aced in the Hole" after Hoyt cuts Jason's finger off, screen goes white and stays frozen. Playing on PS4.

99%, I literally did everything else. Including collecting all those loot boxes that have zero baring on completion percentage.

I've tried everything I can think of, deleted and reinstalled game, used old save, changed screen resolution, different load outs of weapons and the same thing happens every time.

Sorry I don't have a video or screen shot but the same glitch happened with the 2012 version of the game, so the problem was ported over as well.

They know the problem for it was patched years ago on ps3 there just stalling.

To test a theory that this bug occurs for people that complete all or most other activities before this mission (I was at 99% game progress with only the 4 story missions left when I reported the white screen of death on June 8, 2018), I decided to do a quick play through of just the missions. The mission did not bug for me when I only did the missions and finished the game with 25% progress. I did use skill points as they became available and upgraded things like ammo pouch, wallet etc. twice or so. To sum it up...I was able to complete the game using this method with no crashes on any mission (PS4 version).

**Added information: I saved as much as possible. I made to sure to save after every mission and any other time I could. I know corrupted saves were a reason when this was first reported back in 2013. I wanted to disprove this although with as many people that are experiencing this on all the different platforms it shouldn’t have been needed.
    I also fast traveled as much as possible to speed up gameplay. I did no fast travel to Hoyt’s compound to do the Aced in the Hole mission as I did in my original play through.

I’m just relaying this info. to help in any investigation instead of the standard questions support asks like have you experienced any crashes before. I know another play through isn’t for everyone so I hope this helps with any questions the development team has.

Probably not a good idea stating a work around like that because UBI might see and tell everyone to do what you did so they don't have to fix it. Just saying.

My crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwHcKIIJ1QU

Ps4 pro, external harddrive

Have collected everything needed for the platinum on ps4
    Every time I try the mission, it crashes at the same point. I tried to use my last save and go around doing other missions but when I get back, it crashes on the same place.

The most annoying thing is that the reason I bought the season pass for fc3 just so I could enjoy the game and plat it again, but I lost the apetite for actiongames all in all after this and have been doing driving games since. Starting on a new game now doesn't feel fun. starting on far cry 5 dlc sure doens't feel fun. I'll probably not buy a far cry game again if this isn't fixed.

Possible Solution

I found a way to prevent the game from crashing. Before starting the mission, go to a store (or an automated store) and equip the A2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, SVD on the left and the AK-47 on the top. For some reason having that loadout before starting the mission allowed me to get through the white screen, so hopefully it should help the rest of you.
    *Also works for the Doppelganger mission.
     5 people found this helpful

This is happening to me as well on PS4 Pro. Everything else completed. Incredibly irritating.

Reconfiguring the weapon wheel worked for me on PS4. Thanks