🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Skull & bones forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-Ligario's Avatar Community Developer

Skull & Bones™: Game overview

It is the Golden Age of Piracy. A time when renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth, warships. You are an insatiable, upstart pirate captain who refused the King’s pardon. Having nothing to lose, you sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an exotic and untamed frontier full of lavish riches.

However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.

During your journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, you will build a fleet of ships you can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters or players. Season after season, as your infamy and wealth grow, so will the threats you face. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, you will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.
     8 people found this helpful

Ubi-Ligario's Avatar Community Developer

Skull & Bones™: Game overview

It is the Golden Age of Piracy. A time when renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth, warships. You are an insatiable, upstart pirate captain who refused the King’s pardon. Having nothing to lose, you sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an exotic and untamed frontier full of lavish riches.

However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.

During your journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, you will build a fleet of ships you can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters or players. Season after season, as your infamy and wealth grow, so will the threats you face. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, you will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.

Looking forward to try this game out, loving the concept

Well hype is real... We shall see how this turns out.

Morgan-GW's Avatar Member
    Probably a vain hope, but will this game have single player?
     1 people found this helpful

Pirate Feeling

I want Pirate Taverns - Immersive ports - Treasures - dig up treasure chests, hunting treasure ships.

- Fencing, but a special fencing. More like For Honor or Sid Meiers Pirates. Not running freely like Sea of Thives swinging. It should be more computerized Boardgame fencing. I love those mechanics u can do there. It enhances the feeling in my mind.

Affiliate myself with factions.
    I dont know since this is played in the indian Ocean but in the Caribbean there was English, Spanish, French and Dutch. And then all the native folks, common folks and unaffiliated like Pirates. Bounty hunters and the list goes on.

Crew and special crew. And I want my crew to become more personal during gameplay. If they perform exemplary I might to start remember their names. And see how they progress. Hinting a little to "Xcom". They managed to make the soldiers to personal. Pirate is not all about the Captain.

Many different ship types and styles.

Customizable options with clothes, gear and ship look with all fancy details because the game was so stunning in Graphics it deserves it.

Open World sailing. Maybe not in zoom in sailing open world but like Sid Meiers Pirates, give u freedom and then tons of things to do . Like Ghost Recon Wildlands but this game instead with pirate theme.

PvP is great but... piracy is so much about story. I hope they just dont make it to narrow, this game has so big potential.

Love it, but not only ships please, put some land gameplay with your own character, im not talking about melee fights, but something extra for a better inmersive pirate adventure!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Sartharax Go to original post
    I want Pirate Taverns - Immersive ports - Treasures - dig up treasure chests, hunting treasure ships.

- Fencing, but a special fencing. More like For Honor or Sid Meiers Pirates. Not running freely like Sea of Thives swinging. It should be more computerized Boardgame fencing. I love those mechanics u can do there. It enhances the feeling in my mind.

I dont know since this is played in the indian Ocean but in the Caribbean there was English, Spanish, French and Dutch. And then all the native folks, common folks and unaffiliated like Pirates. Bounty hunters and the list goes on.

Crew and special crew. And I want my crew to become more personal during gameplay. If they perform exemplary I might to start remember their names. And see how they progress. Hinting a little to "Xcom". They managed to make the soldiers to personal. Pirate is not all about the Captain.

Customizable options with clothes, gear and ship look with all fancy details because the game was so stunning in Graphics it deserves it.

Open World sailing. Maybe not in zoom in sailing open world but like Sid Meiers Pirates, give u freedom and then tons of things to do . Like Ghost Recon Wildlands but this game instead with pirate theme.

PvP is great but... piracy is so much about story. I hope they just dont make it to narrow, this game has so big potential.
    Youre right.
    Most of that will be a significant factor for a "full game experience".
    Especially since all that we saw until now doesnt seem to provide enough content for a full price triple a title.

What about first person though? I think that optional first person boarding/entering would make for a more satisfying overall experience.
    Oh and i hope that there will be more ships than just your typical Galleon.
     3 people found this helpful

OMG could you imagine something like this:

• Customisable character (glothes and weapons) and character creator, nothing big, something like destiny with a few more options for 'ruggedness'
    • A great single player story about an inexperienced pirate captain (you) becoming a legend on the seas
    • For honor style combat (for multiplier) or revamped less sluggish ac unity combat with the brutal style of ac3 for single player
    • exploring caves and islands and other land masses (maps and exploration like destiny would be welcome) complete with small quests and things to find to upgrade your character
    • doing raids in multiplayer (on land like storming forts or towns or prisons to steal treasure or do quests like freeing people to add to your crew)
    • social hubs like the tower in destiny (where you can trade, do minigames, bar fights, meet players maybe even a way to show off you ship)
    • Being able to explore your ship while docked: you could upgrade the inside with a chef, beds and other things for crew moral. You could converse with your NPC crew, get missions from them (I would expect my crew to come back after making port with atleast some inside information info from taverns on convoys and raiding opportunities), play mini games with them like chess, checkers, swordfighting, armwrestling etc
    • getting to choose how much to pay your crew for sailing with you (rip them off to buy you and your ship some cosmetic items and risk them doing a mutiny because of your greed or be fair with them and put up with the rags you have on?)
    • Imagine if your crew had the nemesis system??? They would level up and fight for you, or betray you if you don't treat them or pay them well. You could kick them out of your crew. Some of the sailors you pick up could be rotten and waiting for a chance to take your ship so you have to gather info and rumours from your crew to stop it before it happens
    • Harpooning like in AC4 so you can trade meat, bone and other things
    • NO MICROTRANSACTIONS (fat chance that i know) or at least only for cosmetic items like clothes, emoticons, figureheads etc

cough… those times when you spend 20 minutes writing what you thing would be cool even though you know it will never happen… (sigh)

I completely agree, sadly none of this will happen. It is going to be For Honor with ships instead medieval warriors. Nothing else. Even the way they describe S&B is the exact way they decsribed ForHonor back then.

So all in all it will like that;

Open menu; select game mode, queue for a game.. wait wait wait.. lobby starts and pick your ship
    Do a 5v5 match, unless you get an error and game crash, you get some loot and XP for that ship.
    And of course microtransactions..

Compare to the hype it had, Balckwake is a fail cause of the limitation of just have a dog fight gaame play.

Chain lobby/dog fight is not the good way for a naval game. I really hope Skull & Bones will propose a more open world content, a bit like tempest, or RIP the game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►