Originally Posted by Ubi-Zubi Go to original post
    Hey everyone, noted your concerns and appreciate this discussion. Opening the next questions to everyone in the thread. How do you feel about using parry to block attacks? Are your concerns based on gameplay mechanics or overall lack of shield option?
    Parry is fine, but I find myself dodging more. Then again, I dodge more in Origins too. Shield use was on occasion, but not all that necessary.

The dodge animations are a huge improvement over Origins.
     1 people found this helpful

Was very very very disappointed with the lack of shields

Very very much disappointed. It was almost a deal breaker to me. Can't you fix that, Ubisoft. It would mean a lot to me, an old AC fan.

the parry is ok the doge too ! but miss shield hardly speacialy in this moment of history is look like you play in rome and you dont have your gladius or you scutum (shield) !

but can you let people mod your game ! like the witcher or other because people can do this ! if you cant. let us appreciate 100% the ancient greece you make beautifull world !

nice armor and sword ect ect nice job on this !

But you faill whithout the shield give us a small shield or true hoplon i can be happy without any skill just shield ! i dont understand your mind when you said no shield for this game !
    give them a broken spear the will deal with thats !

in your game some action or cinematic said about the shield is verry important in this time !

Ubisoft give us shield or let people can mod this game !!!! for have the Hoplite styles

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zubi Go to original post
    Hey everyone, noted your concerns and appreciate this discussion. Opening the next questions to everyone in the thread. How do you feel about using parry to block attacks? Are your concerns based on gameplay mechanics or overall lack of shield option?
    The gameplay is fine, it is just getting hard to parry when you are crowded by enemies.
    A shield could cover one of your side while you are fighting the other one. Just like in Origins.
    So concern about overall lack of shield as option. Moreover when you see your enemies using them with all animations and dynamics.

But thanks for your reply!

PS: maybe we can also get these nice shorter spears like in the cutscenes. They would fit these era better. But shields should get priority

YES BRING SHIELDSS!!! its a MUST NEED!!
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Jhon_Max Go to original post
    YES BRING SHIELDSS!!! its a MUST NEED!!
    Agreed!

PLEASE GIVE US SHIELDS!
    Even if they will not have any special abilities, just simple blocking. In this time and place in history we really need it. It is very annoying that a lot of enemy soldiers can defend themselves with shields, but we cannot.
     3 people found this helpful

Hi!

Please add shields! I feel myself half-naked without a shield in my one hand. And please add Shield loots to the game too please.

Few ideas for a next skill tree:

Shield throw: Throw your shield and stun an enemy for 2 seconds

Shield bash: Put your shield front of you and bash forward 5 meters dealing few dmg, and cancel in progress enemy attacks

Skullbreaker : A powerful attack that deals xy dmg to a single enemy (must stand front of the player) . You hit an enemy with your shield in the head animation or something like that...

So new skill tree with shields? Make it optional, who wants to play with shields let them play, and who don`t want to use shields, not forcing them to do. Everyone is happy.

Just few ideas. Some more creative ideas someone?
     6 people found this helpful

DrinkinMyStella's Avatar Senior Member
    as I have progressed now to the later stages of the story and nearly level 50 it would have been handy to have the option of a shield.
     3 people found this helpful

DrinkinMyStella's Avatar Senior Member
    as I have progressed now to the later stages of the story and nearly level 50 it would have been handy to have the option of a shield.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Bessas. Go to original post
    Hi!

Please add shields! I feel myself half-naked without a shield in my one hand. And please add Shield loots to the game too please.

Few ideas for a next skill tree:

Shield throw: Throw your shield and stun an enemy for 2 seconds

Shield bash: Put your shield front of you and bash forward 5 meters dealing few dmg, and cancel in progress enemy attacks

Skullbreaker : A powerful attack that deals xy dmg to a single enemy (must stand front of the player) . You hit an enemy with your shield in the head animation or something like that...

So new skill tree with shields? Make it optional, who wants to play with shields let them play, and who don`t want to use shields, not forcing them to do. Everyone is happy.

Just few ideas. Some more creative ideas someone?
    I can get behind this! A shield skill tree for Defender would be so good. Then I could actually be bothered doing a Warrior build. Warrior plus Defender?

Spartan​ (Phalanx)
     4 people found this helpful