Thought I'd try out the jets and rockets with the new FM, try this: fly the B1 straight and level until the speed reaches about 470 MPH - the nose pitches down quite forcefully into an unrecoverable dive even if you turn off the motor.
    Accurate FM or Bug?

Thought I'd try out the jets and rockets with the new FM, try this: fly the B1 straight and level until the speed reaches about 470 MPH - the nose pitches down quite forcefully into an unrecoverable dive even if you turn off the motor.
    Accurate FM or Bug?

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    Yep. I forget the exact reason but that is exactly what is supposed to happen. If you invert you can recover.

Jaws2002's Avatar Senior Member
    that's how it was.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    The game viewer talks about this. The mach tuck was unexpected, and, naturally, it was first encountered during a high speed low level test run, killing the test pilot.

Patch made the pitch down more Brutal, used to be just a smooth gentle nose drop, now it shakes and bakes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
    The game viewer talks about this. The mach tuck was unexpected, and, naturally, it was first encountered during a high speed low level test run, killing the test pilot.

Patch made the pitch down more Brutal, used to be just a smooth gentle nose drop, now it shakes and bakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love dangerously unstable aircraft. I'm gonna have to go try the new shakey B1.

Would you believe me if I told you the only thing I've done in 4.01 is a little ground attack and then landing in horrible adverse situations? Its so much fun, now. Damaged corsair in a thunderstorm, with the runway perpendicular to the wind, thats fun.

Damaged Corsair in a thunderstore with the CARRIER perpendicular to the wind, thats even better.

night thunderstorm carrier landings are awesome. I actually survive about 90% of them, but my plane only survives about 15% or so.

although landing on a carrier at night is really cool with good weather, too, because the reflections of the moonlight off the ocean is so **** pretty. the flickery soft light. truly wonderful.

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    How do you get anything perpendicular to the wind in the game??? Which direction does the wind come from? Is there wind? Tell me.

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    thats how we should have to recover when reaching full compressibility.

Somthing that should happen to all aircraft in game much earlier before their max breakup speed in reality.