REMOVE AVX Requirement! [loading bug]

so many people cant get past the loading window because they run a new i3 or older i7 or something and those cpu's dont have avx which is needed for the video editor and thats it! I wont even touch the video editor but because my cpu cant run that small part of the game it means I cant play the game at all and other people have this problem! please fix this. let us play without the video editor please.

[edit] can we please get someone from ubisoft at least acknowledging this issue?
     80 people found this helpful

Ubisoft, we dont ask you not to downgrade graphics, change physics or neither that big. Just turn off video editor for processors without AVX. You`re losing a lot of potential buyers
     38 people found this helpful

CJ4567's Avatar Junior Member
    I support that solution. Just say "Video editor is unsupported on your system", and the game would launch. This solution would be better, instead of just locking potential buyers out.
     34 people found this helpful

exactly
     12 people found this helpful

I second this.
    I can play a lot of recent games, but Ubi decided to screw up just cuz one function that 5% of players use...
     22 people found this helpful

I have the same problem. just dont let us use the video editor! I honestly dont care about the editor but really want to play the rest of the game
     11 people found this helpful

They should release the patch for the beta....It is sad that they didn't do anything about it even when 2nd closed alpha had the same issues
     9 people found this helpful

Since the same problem accused in alpha i hardly believe they r going to fix this.
     7 people found this helpful

as matter affect they should...otherwise they will lose player base....it is stupid how they don't care about the fix....every game should at least get in start menu with any cpu or gpu...it is just sad..
     8 people found this helpful

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd's Avatar Moderator
    Got to admit I was disappointed to see the same issue at Beta as at Alpha,
    The fact that the min spec is unchanged and includes a processor with the AVX instruction set does not bode well for the future.

I am certainly not doing a full rig rebuild for this, when I can play every other UBI AAA+ Title with it.
    Shame as I enjoyed the Crew and all its DLC.

(Note current CPU is an Intel Core i7 950)
     14 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►