Ubisoft, a bloody tooth and nail bat? Really?

As fun as shovel launchers may be, it seems to me that using Live Events to release that sort of items is a waste of time and frankly, a rip off. Far Cry 5's arsenal has been noticeably reduced and the frustrating addition of two items per week, which may or may not include a new weapon, is painful to endure, since these items are practically useless after the game's completion. This week Ubisoft reached its lowest with the release of a stupid tooth and nail bat (a new skin for an existing weapon). We are still missing the knife/machete, Desert Eagle, Auto-Cross, FAMAS, M700, et cetera, (and this is just what 'expectably' should have been in the game from the start) and now we wait a long week to get a bloody tooth and nail bat? C'mon guys! People work to pay for your games, show some respect.
     4 people found this helpful

VHuds95's Avatar Junior Member
    I've always defended this game since i enjoy it so much, but i can only tolerate so much. I'm tired of seeing all these jokeful weapons give us some damn realistic weapons... like atleast 6 more rifles, 3 more smgs, more pistols, shotties, and LMGs. After you give some more worthy weapons and the games been out for a year then add silly weapons. It seems like this company doesn't know anything about being serious, i mean its okay to be funny here and there, like the bliss i don't mind, but c'mon seeing these weapons you'd never use IRL get old quickly, they don't have a lot of replay value to them/
     3 people found this helpful

+1

They should add "serious" weapons, not these "joke" ones.
     2 people found this helpful

There aren't even any nails in the bat we earned. Only teeth. And why did we not receive the Wisdom skin as well? It was even pictured in the news tab announcing the event. This item is available to some players (I'm assuming by accident.)

Here is a pic of the store page description of the Wisdom, that most of us did not get.

AKAFootloose's Avatar Member
    The Tooth and Nail bat is the picture above this one.

I'm still waiting for them to do a wood bow (skin), and primitive club. A tooth bat? Really?

OurJud's Avatar Senior Member
    I find these 'novelty' weapons rather pointless too. I honestly haven't used the shovel gun thing once.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AKAFootloose Go to original post
    The Tooth and Nail bat is the picture above this one.
    Yes, I am aware of that. But there aren't any nails in it. At least, none that my old eyes can see.

ClownPrinceUK's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by VHuds95 Go to original post
    I've always defended this game since i enjoy it so much, but i can only tolerate so much. I'm tired of seeing all these jokeful weapons give us some damn realistic weapons... like atleast 6 more rifles, 3 more smgs, more pistols, shotties, and LMGs. After you give some more worthy weapons and the games been out for a year then add silly weapons. It seems like this company doesn't know anything about being serious, i mean its okay to be funny here and there, like the bliss i don't mind, but c'mon seeing these weapons you'd never use IRL get old quickly, they don't have a lot of replay value to them/
    Why have weapons that are functional?

Just so they have something to remove in a patch like they did for preorder equipment.

I really feel that this 'comical' and 'fun-oriented' aspect of Far Cry has gone too far and made the series too casual, resulting in more and more loss of support among the old fan base. Nobody is going to stop playing FC5 because of this, but if this is the future of the series, I may think twice before purchasing the next installation. Youtube lists the comparison between FC2 and FC5 (technical aspects) as the 4th most watched Far Cry 5 related video, thus I truly believe Ubisoft must take this as a lesson, one that it doesn't seem to be learning thus far, which is the reason why I started this thread in the first place.

There is certainly place for fun in Far Cry but I think we all need a strong sign from Ubisoft that the immersive simulation aspect of FC2 isn't lost and the series isn't doomed to become a mindless caricature of what it once strived to be.
     3 people found this helpful