Basically all I've got in my bag right now is scissors, rolling scissors, snap rolling (super risky of course since it bleeds a ton of E instantly, but does usually give you a shot at the enemy or at the very least a few seconds of respite...), and spiral climbing/diving, and of course just running off if you're faster .

What else should I know?

Also, I can't seem to get the hang of rolling around in the 190s at very low speeds (i.e. full flaps out)... anyone got tips on that?

Basically all I've got in my bag right now is scissors, rolling scissors, snap rolling (super risky of course since it bleeds a ton of E instantly, but does usually give you a shot at the enemy or at the very least a few seconds of respite...), and spiral climbing/diving, and of course just running off if you're faster .

What else should I know?

Also, I can't seem to get the hang of rolling around in the 190s at very low speeds (i.e. full flaps out)... anyone got tips on that?

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    Barrel roll.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
    Barrel roll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My favorite.

Split-S can be useful too.

Well, it really depends on what plane you're flying. Diving away in a P-47 isn't a bad choice, but doing it in a Zero will only get you hammered.

Welll ya obviously know barrel roll and split-s, was just wondering if anyone had anything "special".

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IcyScythe:
    Welll ya obviously know barrel roll and split-s, was just wondering if anyone had anything "special". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    A well timed negative knife edge can be an effective tactic.

Also there is no getting the hang of low speed fighting in the FW190. Stay fast or die. The wing loading is too high and the snap stall too violent for any low speed fighting.

Phas3e's Avatar Senior Member
    as long as the server is 'cockpits on' I find a bunt followed by a quick pull up into a spiral climb generally always losses an enemy who doesnt hammer you with the first burst.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IcyScythe:
    Welll ya obviously know barrel roll and split-s, was just wondering if anyone had anything "special". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    A well timed negative knife edge can be an effective tactic.

Also there is no getting the hang of low speed fighting in the FW190. Stay fast or die. The wing loading is too high and the snap stall too violent for any low speed fighting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry could you elaborate? What's a negative knife edge?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►