This Might No Longer be the Game for me

I'm not making a big ol' complaint thread. I've done that in the past and I know it's a matter of skill and personal preference.

I'm not blaming the new Orochi, but with his addition the game now feels over the ledge of too spammy. It just doesn't even feel like I can play. I'm getting old, my eyes and reflexes arent great, and now half the roster attacks like Chun-Li's kick.

I'm not bowing out yet. My fetish for loot will keep me in for now and I'm hopeful that I can improve enough to feel like I'm playing. I dunno though, its been two seasons and I'm nowhere against the Aramusha, and now he has a cousin.
     7 people found this helpful

Tundra 793's Avatar Senior Member
    You're now feeling, what I started feeling like a Season and-a-half ago. I tried For Honor after the patch today... I do not possess the reflexes necessary to fight against these new and/or reworked heroes. And I can't afford enough cocaine to boost my reflexes.

It's just too much. Too fast. Too intense.
     2 people found this helpful

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    They George Lucased it further I see

Originally Posted by Vakris_One Go to original post
    They George Lucased it further I see

Ironically, I love the prequels.

#ComeAtMeBro
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by HazelrahFirefly Go to original post
    I'm not making a big ol' complaint thread. I've done that in the past and I know it's a matter of skill and personal preference.

I'm not blaming the new Orochi, but with his addition the game now feels over the ledge of too spammy. It just doesn't even feel like I can play. I'm getting old, my eyes and reflexes arent great, and now half the roster attacks like Chun-Li's kick.

I'm not bowing out yet. My fetish for loot will keep me in for now and I'm hopeful that I can improve enough to feel like I'm playing. I dunno though, its been two seasons and I'm nowhere against the Aramusha, and now he has a cousin.
    I can honestly Understand where your coming from bro. But in all honesty its not just the Orochi that was a problem. As tundra said above. And I will restate it in my own words. Your starting to feel what ive felt since launch. The game isn't just hero balancing that makes up the entirety of the game though. However I will agree hero balancing has been an issue since launch. And now they are starting to get it on the right track. There are other mechanics that need fixing as well however. Orochi was one nessisary fix however as he was the slowest and most sluggish in the game. Again it was nessisary he got a speed boost but evwen with todays update im still coming across players better then me and teaching me new skills.

Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    Ironically, I love the prequels.

#ComeAtMeBro
    There can be no coming at one's bro for I too don't mind the prequels. I like them just fine. The originals are better films of course but I also enjoy the prequels and I love how they added to and expanded the entire Star Wars universe. Some of the best EU books and games came about because of the prequel trilogy setting down the time period and lore.

The prequels are also way more original than Disney's Force Awakens and everything that had to follow that JJ Abrams copy/paste job. The Last Jedi finally gave us something original at least. But I digress, I like George Lucas and don't mean to cast shade on him when I use that phrase. I just like to use his phrase as a meme for things like this.

Originally Posted by Vakris_One Go to original post
    There can be no coming at one's bro for I too don't mind the prequels. I like them just fine. The originals are better films of course but I also enjoy the prequels and I love how they added to and expanded the entire Star Wars universe. Some of the best EU books and games came about because of the prequel trilogy setting down the time period and lore.

The prequels are also way more original than Disney's Force Awakens and everything that had to follow that JJ Abrams copy/paste job. The Last Jedi finally gave us something original at least.

But I digress, I like George Lucas and don't mean to cast shade on him when I use that phrase. I just like to use his phrase as a meme for things like this.
    I always liked you Vakris.

Personally, my Star Wars rating is; 5, 3, 4, 1/6, 2, 7. And then 8 waaay way back down there. Just a long way down. I might actually, genuinely hate 8.
    7 I can at least respect for what it is, and what it tried to do, but I can't forgive 8.
    I hope Rian Johnson gets devoured by rabid porgs.

Aye, everyone loves a good GL joke every now and then. George's biggest flaws are just, he's at best a mediocre director, but a terrible dialogue writer. He's an unrivaled visionary, and his technical knowledge is damn near peerless. But his dialogue is as course as sand...

I myself am struggling a little bit with rochi's new found speed with attacks in combo. But I did about a half hour or so's worth of training against him. So the new storm rush and riptide don't feel down right crazy. I really like how rochi has turned out though. Same with pk.

Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    I always liked you Vakris.

Personally, my Star Wars rating is; 5, 3, 4, 1/6, 2, 7. And then 8 waaay way back down there. Just a long way down. I might actually, genuinely hate 8.
    7 I can at least respect for what it is, and what it tried to do, but I can't forgive 8.
    I hope Rian Johnson gets devoured by rabid porgs.

Aye, everyone loves a good GL joke every now and then. George's biggest flaws are just, he's at best a mediocre director, but a terrible dialogue writer. He's an unrivaled visionary, and his technical knowledge is damn near peerless. But his dialogue is as course as sand...
    Ha, I dunno I think Rian Johnson took a brave risk which was in the spirit of Star Wars and I respect him more than J.J. who simply rehashed an abriged version of all the major plot points from the originals. Lucas has his faults as a writer/director but he really is unparalleled as a visionary and you gotta respect how he single handendly changed the face and future of cinema and digital technology as we know it today.

My Star Wars list goes somethig like this; 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 8, 7.
    I'm the reverse from you on 7 and 8. Despite its flaws I truly liked 8 for what it tried to do, which is to bring something new and unexpected to the table. It rang true to one of Lucas' philosophies, which is (paraphrasing) "never to copy but to rhyme instead."

7 for me was just too much lazy copying and not enough originality. They couldn't even give us a satisfying reunion of all our old favourite heroes together again before they have to make some room for the new kids. They also made their lives out to be nothing but misery, seperation and depression. And then they killed Han like a half baked attempt just to follow the formula of the old mentor dies. His wife forgets his death two seconds later and gives the Falcon away to some girl she just met 2 hours ago. Just felt like a real downer when the whole soul of a Star Wars movie should always be about hope. 7 felt more like Lord of the Rings than Star Wars in terms of tone and mood. 8 was the first of the new films that finally felt like a Star Wars movie again, to me at least.

Apologies for the thread jack! Star Wars is like my bat signal

Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    I myself am struggling a little bit with rochi's new found speed with attacks in combo. But I did about a half hour or so's worth of training against him. So the new storm rush and riptide don't feel down right crazy. I really like how rochi has turned out though. Same with pk.
    Haven't tried them yet but based on just looking at their reworks they both went from being counter attackers and into full on attackers/harassers. I'm not yet convinced that was entirely necessary, at least for Orochi. Surely the game should have some counter attackers left in it. Not everybody needs to be made into a super aggressive harasser and pressure artist.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►