🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

"we're sorry, but our servers are taking longer to respond than anticipated"

I haven't gotten any progress in the last five days in for honor, no gear, no steel, no experience. Also not tracking order progress.
    After matches the game says the typical message "we're sorry, but our servers are taking longer to respond than anticipated"
    It wouldn't be a problem if i just got the loot after the next match like usual but clearly this is a different problem.
    So yeah help would be nice because playing a game without getting any rewards isn't rewarding at all
     5 people found this helpful

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi Mr_Nasse! There was a slight issue with FH earlier. We recommend these PC steps of any disconnection issues. If you are still getting that error message, please provide a screenshot of that message along with your port forwarding settings through a ticket. Hope this helps!

35 Points

''we're sorry, but our servers are taking longer to respond than anticipated'

I constantly get this error for how many days I have been making no progress. At the end of the game, this article comes out and I can't get anything.

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey pixhnn! I am sorry to hear that you have been encountering this error message.

Have you tried the steps previously recommended by my colleague Morning? If so, have you submitted a support case already with a screenshot of your completed portforwarding attached?

Also - I have deleted your second post in this thread as we do not condone double posting / bumping. Please refrain from doing this in the future unless you are unable to edit your original post, or have vital information pertaining to your issue to add.

Im having the same issue except on console. Any advice?

Hi I have been having this issue for a month and I figured it would solve itself but I dont think its gonna work like that. The night before the October update i had accidentally deleted the application when trying to close it but after it had reinstalled it was while the servers are off but it had let me play matches but I had not received any rewards after matches so i figured id get them after the update so i kept playing and i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but nothing has worked i only play against AI Bots because i dont have ps plus ive seen Ubisoft was aware but i wanted to know if there was anything i could do?

No Rewards Issues: Helping make sense of it

Originally Posted by Myspace720 Go to original post
    ... but nothing has worked i only play against AI Bots because i dont have ps plus ive seen Ubisoft was aware but i wanted to know if there was anything i could do?
    Activate PS Plus (keep reading)

Originally Posted by Ubi-Woofer Go to original post
    I am sorry to hear that you have been encountering this error message.

Have you tried the steps previously recommended by my colleague Morning? If so, have you submitted a support case already with a screenshot of your completed portforwarding attached?

To Ubisoft staff and everyone reading this: A critical error was done on Ubisoft's network that affected two very distinct type of players. This is not a connection issue on the players' ends. They are logged into the game, they passed the DRM checks, they are matchmaking (for those with multiplayer), and both types of players are playing matches. They can't get more connected than that. This is on Ubisoft's end.

Note: This will only discuss specific issues that started during a specific timeframe for specific players. If one doesn't meet these criterias then this probably isn't the problem. Though I think this will answer a lot of questions.

Two types of Players involved:

1. Players on Console without an active Live Service: If PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold isn't active, then they have the No Rewards Issue. Activating it fixes it. Should these players have to pay for something due to a fault of Ubisoft? No, but is there fix coming before the Otherworld Event ends? Not likely, there's less than a week left. There's a workaround: One can use a free trial of PS Plus or if unavailable for that account, create a new PSN Profile for that free trial and then activate it as a primary account on the PS4, so all Profiles on that PS4 can use those PS Plus features. I'm not positive, but I think Xbox would be similar.

Note: I and everyone else can confirm this. I merely deactivated my Primary that has PS Plus and all my other test accounts would receive No Rewards. Once reactivating that PS Plus Profile as the primary, my test accounts immediately got rewards after matches. No Rewards Issue is directly related to console Live Service status. However, for some reason, these types of players can still earn rewards (to include event items) if they had Arcade. Again, the solution should not be that a player has to pay for something extra due to a critical mistake on Ubisoft's part. For the next group of players, it's a bit more complicated.

2. ALL Players from Iran and possibly other Sanctioned Countries: Players from these countries, on all platforms, have the No Rewards Issue. This is due to their country's IP ranges and an error in how Ubisoft is recognizing them. This affects PC and console, activating PS Plus by itself won't do anything. These players need to use a VPN so they can use that Shared Network IP. This is easier for PC Players. For console players, there's ways to use a VPN, but if they did and don't have an active Live Service, then they still need to activate it or they'll still have the same issue. In short, PC players use VPN and console players use VPN and have an active subscription.

Note: Players from Iran could play For Honor before this, however, they're also in a Sanctioned Country and can't access certain other games or features like Ubisoft+. This is one reason why I think Ubisoft Connect might play a role, as it combines all features of Ubisoft together. Again, that's for the Devs to figure out.

Causes and when did this start? Ubisoft (whether it's the For Honor Team or another Network team of Ubisoft) conducted Global Infrastructure Maintenance on 20OCT20. This is when a lot of players noticed this issue. The Patch 2.23.0 was implemented on 22OCT20 and a few noticed this issue start then. Then there's the overlapping timeframe of the Ubisoft Connect transition (Ubisoft Club tracked progress), which may or may not be related. All three things needs to be looked at as one event may affect one group while another event affected the different group. Or it's a combination. It's hard to pinpoint, as there's two types of players and possibly not all recollections of start dates may be correct, what is correct is the timeframe of Oct. 20-22 is what needs to be investigated. That's not for me to figure out (though I would think that it centers around the 20OCT20 Maintenance).

End Result for Players: For players that fit those two descriptions, now you know why you haven't been receiving No Rewards, whose affected, and what you can do. Don't count on a proper fix before the event ends, even if it comes, it'll only be for a day or two.

FOR UBISOFT: This is due to an error on your part, not these players. Due to a critical mistake on your end, these players will have missed an annual three week event with exclusive items, no progression towards paid for Battlepasses, wasted Champ Status (earned or purchased), wasted time of not earning rewards, not being able to complete Orders, and have a loss of faith in your product. Even if this gets fixed with a few days left, what about all those wasted weeks of No Rewards after matches? They don't populate if there's a fix, they're just lost. Many of these players paid for the game, have been long term fans of the IP, and have waited a year for this event to return. Hopefully, you do right by them. I'm very interested in how you handle this.

This problem should have been easily recognized and fixed (emergency maintenance on your servers don't require the consoles' certification process), it's getting a little late into the event. This is an error on your end, it's not on the players' connection. Again, they can't get more connected than they already are.

I've already shared this info on the Forums and on other Ubisoft sites. I'm going to guess this comment gets ignored as well. For anybody's reference:

1. https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/co...players_since/

2. https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...1#post15230308
     2 people found this helpful

"we're sorry, but our servers are taking longer to respond than anticipated"

I think it's more - we're sorry, but we Ubisoft don't care for many of you
     3 people found this helpful

It seems fixed for PS4 without PS plus !

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the updates on this, folks.

Do let me know if you're still experiencing this issue.

I am experiencing this error
    Help please