I was doing a strafing pass over a Russian convoy in FB the other day and I notied a bunch of guys bolting out of the trucks for cover. Has anyone ever managed to hit one of these and can you post pics?

I was doing a strafing pass over a Russian convoy in FB the other day and I notied a bunch of guys bolting out of the trucks for cover. Has anyone ever managed to hit one of these and can you post pics?

vocatx's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember how amazed I was the first time I noticed this, too. Some of the little details in this sim are just out of this world. I have hit some of them, but I don't usually record tracks, so I don't have any pictures.

S!

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    I've hit them (by accident usually) lots of times. No score or text message for the hits though, they're not figured into the combat model.

madsarmy's Avatar Senior Member
    After all this time it still amazes me watching them soldiers flea from the trucks. Really cool when you spot the officer running for his life.You can almost feel the panic as the run in different directions.
    It's the things like this that make for top notch involvment of your surrounding's.

Congrats to Oleg once again!

madsarmy's Avatar Senior Member
    Set up this in FMB.

A lot of people still don`t know this happens. For me it`s still one of the GREATEST IMMERSION EFFECTS in any flight sim.

Diving in your aircraft towards a convoy and as you open fire seeing terrified men flee from either side of the convoy is fantastic. Amazing to see the dust kick up around the trucks and the men running between it all. It stops being `just a bunch of trucks` and becomes a scary act of killing - men really are afraid (well, in a virtual pixellated way). And you can hit them too!

1st time I saw it, I smashed into the ground - forgot to pull up! All we need now is men leaping over the sides of ship when sinking, but even SHIII doesn`t show this...

Thanx, Oleg, this kind of thing keeps me flying IL2.

This feature is one of the main reasons I love flying the IL-2 against convoys. It just feels right somehow

Now for BOB, Oleg needs to introduce "rag-doll" physics to these fleeing troops so that when you strafe them their bodies will jerk and spasm as the bullets hit them.

a little OT for Tooz : I read on some news site that the M3 motorway was approved, and I remembered it from your sig. What's next up now ?