🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

[Uplay] Launch Error : failed to start game

Hello,

I got lunch error with far cry 5 I it was working without any problem and already played about 4 hours but suddenly I got this issue I tried to uninstalled the game and download it still not working, I had AC origins and it working without any problem but it's from steam not uplay

so any help please ?

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hello garao,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

The first thing I'd ask is that you try clearing the Uplay cache through the steps here. This has been known to cause issues with games starting, especially after or around patches.

I did clear uplay cache but still the same

Exactly the same problem for me : "Failed to star the game" with Red Box on the error message

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/ZhlvlYD

I have check the integrity of the files (no problem), reinstalled Uplay, reinstalled the game (not working) and updated the graphic card drivers (not better).

It was working yesterday. No change on my side.

I hope that UBISOFT can fix the problem.

My problem is solved : it was related to my version of Windows 10 (Builld 17661). I revert to Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134) and everything is working fine.

Please check your version of Windows.

that true, Thank you it's work now

Exact same situation

You described my exact issue, windows also had just updated last night for me, how did you roll back?
    Stupid Insider Preview...

Thank you

Same issue, same solution! Thanks for saving our game night!

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Thank you for providing that information, jpnaquet. It's been very helpful to others in the thread.

mattj04, you can do this through the Windows Update app in your settings. There should be an option to uninstall or rollback the update

this keeps happening every effing time windows has an insider preview update? not all of us want to roll back to enjoy a game more buggy than windows 10 insider builds. so far its mostly seems linked to that spyware you guys install called denuvo and games that are known to use denuvo like FC5 and Origins.

every other game i own that isn't ubisoft works no issues even on redstone 5 skip ahead ring in windows 10 insider preview.. only ubishafted titles that suffer.

...if you dont want people pirating your content, dont make it hard to use and play...simple, that alone will cut down on half the priacy since half the reason i heard that people steal uplay games is to avoid anti cheat/drm from blocking them on unwhitelisted builds.
     5 people found this helpful