Crazy_Goanna's Avatar Senior Member
    Same reason I won't purchase an Apple device as I refuse to be railroaded into using only their software for the file usage on a device that I obstensibly own (not one that Apple really controls and then lets me think I am in control of)

AndyJWest's Avatar Senior Member
    In Apple-land, software owns you.

...and of course, in Microsoft-land, Bill Gates owns your children, their children, their children's children...

The key to understanding copyright, 'intellectual property rights' and the like is to see that nobody in their right mind will actually sell anything worth having. It is always more profitable to rent it out. Except that most of the time they don't rent 'it', but instead the right to be around when 'it' occurs. But only as long as you own the appropriate gizmo. Perhaps this is free market economics at its best: repeatedly 'selling' you something you can't actually own (if you 'own' it, that doesn't stop MS/Apple/Whoever selling it to someone else), and that you won't be able to make use of if you want to 'own' whatever they want to rent you next.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
    Ive used FroddlePod and SharePod especially the latter to manage Ipod .As you said ITunes is a disaster.However in my experience some songs bought online (probably via ITunes )wont transfer succesfully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gave SharePod a try and it works very well! Just hit "transfer from ipod to computer" and pick the destination folder, and boom, off it goes tranferring files. Very easy to use and it seems to have tranferred everything I wanted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tuscanlucca:
    Been using a program called copytrans to put music on /off my wife's ipod. Had no complaints with it. You can get a free version, google copytrans. Hope this helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the free version only lets you transfer 100 songs. I have over 4500 so that wasn't very useful for me...

erco415's Avatar Senior Member
    4500 songs? That's some library! I suspect someday that storage will advance to the point that we'll all just carry around every song ever recorded.

Hey, I would recommend using WALTR app for this matter. Really easy to transfer everything without iTunes. Here is the link where you can read more about this app https://softorino.com/waltr/other/ho...-ipod-classic/

essay writing services

Just remember that if you are unsure about this rather challenging part of the essay, you can always seek for college essay help. If you are stressed out and asking ‘Should I pay someone to do my essay online?’, then hire a professional writer from work2-me.com team! Our experts are capable of creating a custom, 0 plagiarism essay paper delivered well before the deadline. https://www.masterpapers.com/