Zero_Regen's Avatar Junior Member

Can you have your hood up at all times in Syndicate?

I've looked through a bunch of articles and iv'e watched the trailers that were apart of the release and can't really get a for sure answer. Maybe this hasn't been confirmed, or I just missed something. I can tell you switch on in off, but how often or when you can outside of stealth mode, is unclear to me.

It looks like a high profile/low profile thing to me. I doubt they are going to give us an option to keep the hood up, though I'd like to see just such an option for those that would prefer to do so. I personally really like the system they have in place. It reminds me of how they handled the hood with Edward, and I loved that.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    I suppose, from what we saw in the trailer, that with his default clothes, no you can't. But I'm sure that there will be outfits, like in Unity, where you can always keep the hood on.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    I was disappointed when he put up the hood.

We need to move away from it.

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    The further we go, the more ridiculous it looks to have on the hood. I thought Jacob was following the "hide in plain sight" tenet just right with his default outfit.

But to answer the OP, it doesn't matter to me really. I work with whatever feels natural.

Democrito_71's Avatar Member
    I hope Ubi finds a way to let us walk around with the hood without the need to press the crouch button to put on the hood. For me, it would just irritate me if I can't walk around with the hood on if the hood is restricted to the stealth mode only aka the crouch button.

Sorrosyss's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Democrito_71 Go to original post
    I hope Ubi finds a way to let us walk around with the hood without the need to press the crouch button to put on the hood. For me, it would just irritate me if I can't walk around with the hood on if the hood is restricted to the stealth mode only aka the crouch button.
    Totally agree. I know people like to cite realism, but for me the hoods are a major theme of the series from its inception. They are iconic, and the resemblance to the eagle face has always been a lovely poetic image.

The top hat really does nothing for me. Hoods are appropriate in all time periods. Hell, walking down the street today you will usually spot someone with a hoodie on. Sure, it's not ideal for fighting, but concealment is pretty good. If anything, Jacob's goofy stealth walking will make him stand out far more than wearing a hood.

I have no issue with their being a stealth mode, let's just not tie the hood to it. Let's have a hood toggle in the options menu and appease all sides.

Pandassin's Avatar Member
    I hope it's an option. I'll probably be wearing the top hat most of the time since I'm not a fan of the hood design (plus the top hat is amazing), but it's nice to have the choice. The hood gives the Assassin feel so hopefully it's an option.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    A hat in stealth isnt practical. You would hide behind a barrel and see the guys hat popping out

Democrito_71's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Sorrosyss Go to original post
    Totally agree. I know people like to cite realism, but for me the hoods are a major theme of the series from its inception. They are iconic, and the resemblance to the eagle face has always been a lovely poetic image.

The top hat really does nothing for me. Hoods are appropriate in all time periods. Hell, walking down the street today you will usually spot someone with a hoodie on. Sure, it's not ideal for fighting, but concealment is pretty good. If anything, Jacob's goofy stealth walking will make him stand out far more than wearing a hood.

I have no issue with their being a stealth mode, let's just not tie the hood to it. Let's have a hood toggle in the options menu and appease all sides.
    Since the nice detail when Jacob takes of the top hat and put on the hood looks really cool, so having a hood toggle in the menu would be immersive breaking imo.

Another way to let us toggle the top hat/hood mechanic is to let us tap the L2 trigger once on the PS4 and the xbox ones respective left trigger, to let us toggle if we want to wear the top hat or the hood without going into stealth mode. To go into stealth mode you have to hold the left trigger(PS4 & Xbox one) to crouch instead of tapping the left trigger to go into stealth mode. When you release the left trigger, then you turn the stealth mode off without affecting your choice of wearing either the top hap or the hood.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►